So I think I might be done for the season...

r1crusher

Well after Mid-O something doesn't sound right on the top end of the motor. So I changed the oil yesterday and it didn't look good. Pretty metallicy actually. New oil went in but the top end is still very loud. I'm starting to think it might be cam bearings. On top of all that, the trans is now acting weird. With the bike on the stand and in neutral you can barely rotate the wheel. Start the bike, drop it into first with the clutch pulled in and it's like it's fully engaged. I adjusted the cable both at the motor and at the lever but you can't even stop the rear wheel. So I think I'm just going to call my season done until I can find/afford another motor.

Funny I JUST told my friend on FB that is getting ready to replace his clutch that they are known for that and mine is okay for now, but I can start to tell it will need a rebuild soon. Usually going from WOT to like 2nd gear it is starting to catch a false neutral every so often, or just sit in N vs. hitting 2nd. Think Nelson 12/13, had to stand it up lsat event I was at and hit 1st gear.

If it makes you feel better, I think Nelson will be my last event for a bit too. Wedding will be 60 days out and I need to really focus my finances on that and the honeymoon.

I may know someone with a GSX-R engine for sale. AMA spec' date=' but probably needs freshening. Want me to check? Text me if you do.[/quote']

That's the last thing I was to put in honestly. I'd have to get it rebuilt every year typically and that's an expense I don't want to incur.

But thanks for the offer! If you come across a low mileage stock one let me know.

There is one on another forum for $600, it's just that I don't have that at the moment or it would already be on its way to me.

If I could guarantee that I could ride it until it "kersplodes" AND it not do something painful to me in the process I would do it.

I'm going to pull the clutch cover as well as the cam cover and see if there's anything blatantly wrong.

there's probably a mechanical squid wearing a flat bill cap, wife beater, and flip flops in there, mucking about with the internals, making all that noise.

Sounds like you need a new clutch. The noise could be anything from cam chain, valves, main bearings, rod bearings, to random pieces of metal in the air box that wind up in your pistons and make noise like craig had. No way to tell without tearing it apart so either ride it till it blows up or start pulling the motor.

there's probably a mechanical squid wearing a flat bill cap, wife beater, and flip flops in there, mucking about with the internals, making all that noise.

my money is on this

Well, I need to do something. Either start wrenching on it or rob several stores. I'd just as soon drop it out and replace it but that takes coin. Tearing it down will only tell me that I need to put money into it but just how much is the real question. Anything more than $3-400 and I might as well just buy a used motor and slowly fix the bad one and keep it as a spare.

Well, I need to do something. Either start wrenching on it or rob several stores. I'd just as soon drop it out and replace it but that takes coin. Tearing it down will only tell me that I need to put money into it but just how much is the real question. Anything more than $3-400 and I might as well just buy a used motor and slowly fix the bad one and keep it as a spare.

You could sell that trailer so you would have money for an engine and still be able to ride. Jinu said he would give you $1500 for it. :D