Round 2 AMA Pro Supersport #816 report

gixxie750

Round 2 AMA Pro Supersport #816 report

The Prep:

Got a ton of junkies to come help prep the race trailer and race bike for the long awaited Mid-Ohio AMA round. Got the motor back from 35 motorsports and installed in the bike and touched up the paint and cleaned her up. We were all packed and ready to go wed night.

On the road again!

We left Cincy around 10:30 am and headed north to the greatest track around! The drive up was fast and painless even thought the cops tried to get us at the 161 exit,but we hit a BP station lol.

DAY:1

Bike was already unloaded and cleaned and it was time for practice. Grape got the bike through tech and once again we were in line for Dynojet to tune the bike. I was so ready to hear the new #'s that the newly inspected motor puts down. While attending AMA's great and very very friendly riders meeting I could hear my bike screaming inside the Dynojet trailer. Finally Grape and Matt rolled the bike out of the trailer and by the look on their face i could tell it was not good once again. 100HP!!!!!!!!! Dammit!!!!! So I put that # out of my head and decided it does not matter at this point at all as we could do NOTHING about it there.

Went out in practice and was flying past people!!! Being a track coach i was instantly comfortable with the track conditions and got down to a 1:39 and felt good.

Qualifying was next and I was totally feeling great and went out like it was a race. Came in every 4 laps to check tire pressure and on the second stop in Molly informed me that i had just don a 1:30!! I about fell off the bike and fainted when she said oooooooops i meant 1:35flat and i still about fell off the bike. I was very satisfied with that time so i jumped off the bike and said i was done for the day with only 8-10 laps ran. I ended up getting 15th out of 39 riders.

THE PARTY!!!!

I know I should have stayed away from the party scene,but was way to happy about my times and wanted to go see all the junkies that showd up and maybe have a cold beverage with friends. Well 1 led to 2 and before you know it I had gone a little far(thanks catchup and Shannon lol). Without much more said i left the party around 1am and went to bed.

RACE 1

I was NOT ok after the party and tried to sleep in and get rested up for the race at 1pm. By race time i was feeling better and when they gave the 3 min call i slipped my hemet on and stepped over pit wall just in time for RAIN to completely soak the track and my bike. Knowing what mid-o was like in the rain i got freeked out,but was just ready to do the dam thing. After what felt like Hours they gave the 2 min call and off i went. The little amount of rain we got the track was cold or weird and i was not liking it. Once again my pit crew did a GREAT job on the grid and i was set to launch! Red light went out and bam i was at turn 1 with 29 bikes all wiggling and fighting for positions. I got instanly behind a red bike and realized the pack was getting away,but the bike in front of me had one hell of a motor!!! Took many many laps to get around him and when i finally did I tried to play catch up,but could not pull it off. I finished 23rd.

Race 2:

I had tons of sleep and was ready as ever to go fast. No RAIN and dry conditions this time and it was time to go fast!!! This race went WAY WAY better and was LOVING the support from the over 100+ fans i had cheering me on. I had no one holding me up and was on a roll. Then bikes started crashing directly in front of me left and right and I was like hell yea another position lol. Then finally a bike crashed on the track and it was red flagged. I HATED the fact i had to stop 7 laps in and was not looking forward to doing all that work again from another start. The second start was also good and i got inside and held back as many as i could. No more red flags and was alone most of the race. Finished 20th with my personal best time ever at mid-o of a 1:34.

Want to say thanks too...

MY GREAT PIT CREW! Trish,Molly,GRAPE!!!!,Tuna,Matt you guys rock!

Assfault junkies

My family

all the fans that came out to support the racing

And HUGE THANKS to all my sponsors who helped make this happen!

HINDLE

MOTOZEN

PAINTWORX

LM MOTORSPORTS

SCHWEITZER CONSTRUCTION

SIGNS AND GRAPHICS ON DEMAND

PEOPLE WHO DONATED AND HELPED!

I will be doing more AMA rounds only next year and upgrading my bike. Looking foreword to a Great season and actively looking for new sponsors!!!

IMG_3650.jpg

• Upvote 1

Another good write up Prez, always enjoy reading what you have to say, you are living many of our dreams and I respect the he** out of that. Was telling my fiance' all about you this weekend and checking the live scoring etc.

Congrats and maybe next time don't hit the bottle too hard lol. jk bro, that's what keeps AMA real, being able to hangout with the top dawgs.

Congrats on a successful weekend, Brandon.

I wouldn't sweat the 100hp dyno number too much either. I don't know whether it was the heat or the dyno itself, but rumor has it that a 750 engine only registered 95hp after practice.

What kind of build did you have done anyway? Standard superstock legal stuff for WERA?

Congrats on keeping it on 2 wheels all weekend! Race 1 we watched from the hill in Thunder Valley, Race 2 from the grandstands. You were riding great man! Wife and I stopped and chatted with Grape in the pits on Sunday for a bit and he told me the power issues you guys had fought with, sucks too since the HP would have probably helped pull some more positions for ya. You guys planning to focus on getting more of that power back in the off season?

Congrats on a great weekend!

IMG6864-XL.jpg

I took a ton of photos during the SS race, but unfortunately this was the only one I have of you, which is after the flag dropped. Next year I'll have to pay closer attention before I head to the track...

Congrats on keeping it on 2 wheels all weekend! Race 1 we watched from the hill in Thunder Valley, Race 2 from the grandstands. You were riding great man! Wife and I stopped and chatted with Grape in the pits on Sunday for a bit and he told me the power issues you guys had fought with, sucks too since the HP would have probably helped pull some more positions for ya. You guys planning to focus on getting more of that power back in the off season?

I have to upgrade for next year. AMA has a 5year rule and my 07 is not allowed! I am going to spare no expense to get a good motor. Then maybe I can give it my all!

Congrats on a great weekend!

IMG6864-XL.jpg

I took a ton of photos during the SS race, but unfortunately this was the only one I have of you, which is after the flag dropped. Next year I'll have to pay closer attention before I head to the track...

Thanks for the pic!