Obama on new gun control legislation after the Colorado shooting...

Scruit

Ok Mags, I may be the only one, but I'll give you credit that when I first started reading your posts, I thought you were an ignorant dumbass like some of these other guys. But, after the fiftieth time of you trying to make your point, I see what you are saying and can understand it. I think it was the driving/vacation thing that did it for me. ;) The only problem is, the world isn't a disney movie, and no matter how much we could hope and pray for all guns to disappear, it ain't gonna happen. Time to move on to what to do now.

Another very good point. You are correct. We have gone overboard with the make everything idiot proof and safe for all to use with no training. Some shit is just inherently dangerous to use. Either learn what the hell you are doing, or you might get fucked up. Guns fall in to that classification.

You want to decrease the odds of your kids/nieces/nephews whatever of getting hurt by guns? Teach them about them. Let them see them, touch them, use them. Start them young. Don't make the first time they ever see or find a gun to be a scary situation.

69477461_svgTF-M-1.jpg

I have yet to meet a kid who didn't think the first trip to the range to be fun as hell. :p

This is spot on. Education makes all the difference for kids. Take they mystification out of the gun and explain what its capabilities are. Its rather apparent whose parents did this at a young age in this thread and whose didn't.

• Upvote 1

This is spot on. Education makes all the difference for kids. Take they mystification out of the gun and explain what its capabilities are. Its rather apparent whose parents did this at a young age in this thread and whose didn't.

Sly dig on Magz and serpent right there, I saw it.

;)

a chainsaw has more safety features than a gun. go figure.

again, avoid the topic and insult someone. that's called losing a argument. someone needs to learn what fallacies are.

So if it has more safety features then you'll let a child play with one, right?

It's analogy, not avoidance.

The insult, you deserved.

I guess if guns don't kill people let your kids play with them...

When you say things like this do you have to but the bong down? :nono:

Also having worked as a lumberjack in the Adirondacks I have to wonder what chain saw you use that has more safeties built into it than a gun? I'm only aware of one safety feature on an average chainsaw, being the kickback bar. Now real lumberjacks wear kevlar chaps, hard hats, face guards and hearing protection because a chain saw is inherently unsafe. But like a gun it is the most efficient tool for the job.;) But most semi auto guns have a 1. safety switch either on the trigger or grip (Some have both) 2. many have internal safeties so it won't discharge if dropped, 3. and of course the biggest safety is not having a round chambered till ready for use. So more safeties than a chain saw.

Hey, I know from playing Doom at Magley's trailer (he makes a wicked Steak-Um sammich), that the chainsaw is an effective close-combat weapon. I believe it was designed as such, and therefore we should abandon using them lest we become a nation of chainsaw culture.

It's no joke.

I think of myself as a scholar on such matters.

I actually was trained to handle a shotgun at a young age... once I was old enough to scare off wild dogs, or kill them without it, I didn't have much use for it anymore, and I let that part of my life pass...

Now I'm an able bodied and physically fit (well for the most part) human being, and am confident that I can handle any situation that comes along...

I actually was trained to handle a shotgun at a young age... once I was old enough to scare off wild dogs, or kill them without it, I didn't have much use for it anymore, and I let that part of my life pass...

Now I'm an able bodied and physically fit (well for the most part) human being, and am confident that I can handle any situation that comes along...

:lol:

Walk down Livingston and Parsons in Columbus blaring music from David Allan Coe on a boom box, wearing a white power t-shirt, a rebel flag hat, and a sign in your hand that states "confident that I can handle any situation that comes along". :D

Just kidding.......PLEASE DO NOT TRY THAT!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Hey, I know from playing Doom at Magley's trailer (he makes a wicked Steak-Um sammich), that the chainsaw is an effective close-combat weapon. I believe it was designed as such, and therefore we should abandon using them lest we become a nation of chainsaw culture.

It's no joke.

I think of myself as a scholar on such matters.

Too late :lol:

BARBER:

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.

I sleep all night and I work all day.

MOUNTIES:

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.

He sleeps all night and he works all day.

BARBER:

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.

I go to the lavatory.

On Wednesdays I go shoppin'

And have buttered scones for tea.

MOUNTIES:

He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.

He goes to the lavatory.

On Wednesdays he goes shoppin'

And has buttered scones for tea.

BARBER:

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.

I like to press wild flowers.

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars.

MOUNTIES:

He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps.

He likes to press wild flowers.

He puts on women's clothing

And hangs around in bars?!

BARBER:

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,

Suspendies, and a bra.

I wish I'd been a girlie,

Just like my dear Papa.

MOUNTIES:

He cuts down trees. He wears high heels,

Suspendies, and a bra?!

[talking]

What's this? Wants to be a girlie?! Oh, My!

And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!

[singing]

He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaay.

That's my whole point...

It takes zero understanding, and very little effort to exert deadly RECKLESS SPEED. That's the problem... if CBR1100XX'S were smarter, could only be handled and RIDDEN by adults or only the registered owner perhaps... I would be behind them more. The sheer fact that there is a ton of power with no discretion unleashed simply by less than an inch of movement...regardless of intention... regardless of understanding...

fixed it

No bachus, you haven't fixed anything, a motorcycle requires some skill to get it moving, clutch control, proper starting procedure, not to mention you gotta put the kickstand up before dropping it in gear...or it just flat out dies... a 3yr old could never misuse my motorcycle, she *might* be able to knock it over if she really really tried, but get it to speeds that I ride... not a chance.

Edited by magley64

Wait, I thought you weren't a warrior but a scholar?

I was buying into the idea that you could study your way out of every situation...like give a dude an intellectual flying elbow.

Now you're back to being a badass.

You're a renaissance man, Magz. Very complex. A mystery wrapped up in a conundrum. I think the real weapon around here might just be you. Designed to kill, but so wise that you rise above it and use your mighty brain to fight evil.

I think we've all gained a lot of respect for your wisdom and real world experience, and your tenets on self-defense have opened some eyes.

No bachus, you haven't fixed anything, a motorcycle requires some skill to get it moving, clutch control, proper starting procedure, not to mention you gotta put the kickstand up before dropping it in gear...or it just flat out dies... a 3yr old could never misuse my motorcycle, she *might* be able to knock it over if she really really tried, but get it to speeds that I ride... not a chance.

Matches

Bathtub full of water

Electrical socket and a butter knife

Stove

Dryer

Old refrigerator

Plastic bag

Lots of things are extremely simple for a child to use, and harm or kill themselves with...if you leave them alone with it.

We've already been over this, warrior-poet philosopher-fu.

But, sometimes you have to say things like 12 times to retards before it sinks in. If ever.

Did your parents leave you alone with a plastic bag? Like, the kind you could wrap your head in and cut off oxygen to the brain for several minutes? It would explain a lot.

And yet idiots run out and buy 1400cc bikes with little or no experience because they look cool. Then after stalling ten times manage to wrap it around a bumper while trying to get out of first gear. I see many similarities. Any idiot can buy a shot gun and blow off his foot the same way any idiot can buy a bike and cause serious injury or death. Training and knowledge is key in both cases.

"The weight of a gun isn't measured in pounds or ounces. It's measured in responsibility and moral fortitude that weighs on your heart to use it correctly and safely for protection, hunting or sport". :usa: God help those who use a firearm for illicit purposes :nono: