Lost key?

Casper

A coworker lost her key to her bike during moving. She has a 91 Kawasaki Zephyr 550 she bought from Cycle Search. Any chance someone knows someone who can make a key for it? I know it can be done, just don't know how much it is. I found two lock sets on eBay, one for $75 and one for $100. That seems ridiculous.

If the dealer won't or can't get him a key I know a place that can make him one using his lock cylinder.Give me a minute or two and I'll remember the name of the place that did it for me.

Dealer won't do it. What you're talking about is exactly what she needs. How much was it?

They can take the VIN# and proof of ownership to a dealer and they can cut a key. Some may need the numbers off the ignition switch, but any time they can provide proof of ownership, they're good to go.

Dealers just too often get people in there asking to make keys for a bike with an ignition switch only. To distinguish between someone who stole a bike and someone who owns it, they ask for proof of ownership.

Some shops don't have the key cutting tools anymore and can only buy blanks to be cut... You just need to ask around...

They can take the VIN# and proof of ownership to a dealer and they can cut a key. Some may need the numbers off the ignition switch, but any time they can provide proof of ownership, they're good to go.

Dealers just too often get people in there asking to make keys for a bike with an ignition switch only. To distinguish between someone who stole a bike and someone who owns it, they ask for proof of ownership.

Some shops don't have the key cutting tools anymore and can only buy blanks to be cut... You just need to ask around...

Yep...I did this with my CBR at HNW. No key required.