7-29-12 going anywhere southeast

tigerdoug

Wanted to join the ride today, but was unable, needed to return some parts. I will be going out tomorrow, 7/29, looking for anyone that would like to ride.

Don't have a route preference at this point, will be looking to follow at first and make sure I'm up to the pace. Haven't had a problems keeping up in the past, but never rode with any of the folks on this forum.

Give a shout if you are interested.

was a very eventful ride..... lost two, one went to get a trunk to pick up the pieces. As far as I know the riders were basically ok. Although I didn't see the first one, too many crashes this year.

I was too far down in the twisty stuff to stop, I ended up doing this. Just got back about a half hour ago. Stopped for some Subway on the way in. ;-)

http://goo.gl/maps/2BSI5

yup, he was leading, until we split at 83/16. I continued on and the rest of the group circled back home via Wooster.

149 and 331 were both good, although it seems they have been chipped, which tends to unnerve me.

It had been a long time since I rode on 556, had forgotten how challenging that can be. Just when I think I have my rhythm, I got a weird corner or one of those slabs of tar that slip like greased S**t.

Edited by tigerdoug

Nice meeting and riding with you TigerDoug hopefully the next time won't be so eventful.

It wasn't my ride to post so I didn't put it up on the board. Local guys mostly and it was Jinxes ride so there were some wrecks. Eight riders and I had only ridden with Jinx prior to today. We had two go down with one of them being a cruiser. The first wreck we knew about was a ZX10, as we were there someone pulled up and said that another bike from our group was down about four miles back. Both were transported for "minor" injuries and should be home tonight. The ZX10 looks to be totaled and the cruiser looks like it could be fixed. One of the guys from the group rode back home to get his trailer but I am not clear if he was able to bring back both bikes but he was getting the cruiser for sure. We had a dropped bike in a driveway turning around in deep gravel plus when I went to put my bike away tonight I found that I have a flat.

Maybe I should start a thread about plugging it or replacing it.

damn, sorry to hear about the rough ride today. Hope everyone came out OK and there was no major damage, but the totaled ZX10 seems to hint in the opposite direction.

Flat front or rear? patch plugs(look like mushrooms) are the shit. The tire has to be pulled to install, but IMO there is no other option when it comes to repairing a bike tire.

was a very eventful ride..... lost two, one went to get a trunk to pick up the pieces. As far as I know the riders were basically ok. Although I didn't see the first one, too many crashes this year.

I was too far down in the twisty stuff to stop, I ended up doing this. Just got back about a half hour ago. Stopped for some Subway on the way in. ;-)

http://goo.gl/maps/2BSI5

Looks like a fun ride. Hope everyone was okay. Now that my bike is here in Cle-vegas and set up properly I need to find some twisties. Moving here (Clevland) has been mind numbing... so many straight roads... ARRRRGGGG!!!!

Sorry to hear about the events...

There was a CORE ride in the area on Sunday. We saw a red ZX10 and a red Busa at 83/93 around 10a. Was that this group?

Pretty sure I've ridden with Tigerdoug once before 3 or 4 years ago.

Sorry to hear about the events...

There was a CORE ride in the area on Sunday. We saw a red ZX10 and a red Busa at 83/93 around 10a. Was that this group?

Pretty sure I've ridden with Tigerdoug once before 3 or 4 years ago.

What a crazy string of events, I'm not sure what to think about it or how to prevent them. We had another guy go down real close to where these guys went down on the first ride out this year. I know anyone of us could go down at any time but I'm starting to think I should only ride with people that I have ridden with in the past. I try to give them a pre ride prep about how things are going to go and what to expect, maybe when I tell them the ride mood and atmosphere will change once we get south of 62 puts too much pressure on them. The pace in the curves quickens but we slow down to 70 between them so we never get too far ahead plus we always wait.

The surviving riders rode 83 to 541 to 60 back to 83 we had a Busa with us but it wasn't us that far south.

I thought I remembered TigerDoug from a few years ago but he says no it wasn't him. He is a very good rider and had no problem keeping up with the pace; I would suggest he look into C.O.R.E. if he wants to do some longer group rides. He is geared up for distance and went out farther once our group decided it was time to go home.

What a crazy string of events, I'm not sure what to think about it or how to prevent them. We had another guy go down real close to where these guys went down on the first ride out this year. I know anyone of us could go down at any time but I'm starting to think I should only ride with people that I have ridden with in the past. I try to give them a pre ride prep about how things are going to go and what to expect, maybe when I tell them the ride mood and atmosphere will change once we get south of 62 puts too much pressure on them. The pace in the curves quickens but we slow down to 70 between them so we never get too far ahead plus we always wait.

I wasn't part of your ride so I don't know what happened. I have struggled with these same thoughts before after a few unplanned events on group rides. For a couple years I did just that, only ride with people that I was already comfortable riding with.

Even with a good pre ride talk, a spirited group ride has a lot of variables and everyone is going to react differently. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and things can happen real fast

I don't mind riding with new people, although I prefer only 1 or 2 per ride. More than that and I will slow down (if I'm leading) or hang in the back and and try to get a feel for each rider in the group. Riding in big groups (more than 5 or 6) seems a little too chaotic for my tastes. I have left plenty of group rides when the vibe didn't feel right :dunno

I wasn't part of your ride so I don't know what happened. I have struggled with these same thoughts before after a few unplanned events on group rides. For a couple years I did just that, only ride with people that I was already comfortable riding with.

Even with a good pre ride talk, a spirited group ride has a lot of variables and everyone is going to react differently. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and things can happen real fast

I don't mind riding with new people, although I prefer only 1 or 2 per ride. More than that and I will slow down (if I'm leading) or hang in the back and and try to get a feel for each rider in the group. Riding in big groups (more than 5 or 6) seems a little too chaotic for my tastes. I have left plenty of group rides when the vibe didn't feel right :dunno

I would have prefered to ride sweep on a group ride with new people that way I can evaluate and offer help but Jinx rides too fast up front so I thought I could keep things under control better from the front. Guess I was wrong, I think Jinx needs to quit riding it would be best for all involved except him, this way he gets to sell more bikes to the crashers