Suggestions for good steel toes?

scottie.harris

I'm in Red Wings now, and they're ok, the most comfortable boots I've had were Carolina's, but they quit making the style that I like a few years ago.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a shoe that was as comfortable or nearly as durable as work boots, and since I'm on my feet all day, and getting oil and all sorts of other chemicals on them, I put durability to the test! Basically, I'm saying get a decent boot instead of messing with a shoe. Your feet will thank you!

I have worn timberland, wolverines, and cat boots, They all lasted 6 months or less before they were junk. I am trying a pair of red wing boots now. They are very light and have a composite toe, comfort is ok at best. I will be adding a set of gell work inserts. They don't last long in the chemicals I work in. eats the leather up and wears the toes off when we have to do confined space entries.

I would recommend Belleville if your looking for military boots, they are more comfortable than any other brand of military boot I have ever worn, especially their gortex ones.

For industrial I prefer redwings, mine lasted me a pretty long time in harsh working conditions(paper mill) and I found them to be somewhat comfortable.

I have worn timberland, wolverines, and cat boots, They all lasted 6 months or less before they were junk. I am trying a pair of red wing boots now. They are very light and have a composite toe, comfort is ok at best. I will be adding a set of gell work inserts. They don't last long in the chemicals I work in. eats the leather up and wears the toes off when we have to do confined space entries.

Hubbards shoe grease to protect the leather, and tuff toe on the toes...problem solved.

These! Bates are the best boots I've found. I dress business casual but can't stand frickin dress shoes. Been wearing boots of one sort or another since '89 when I got out of the service. Wearing Bates Sport Tacticals now for the last year. No sign of giving up or wearing out. Impressive. Got them from Shoebuy.com. Listed size is accurate for your size foot.

http://www.galls.com/style-SP498-general_catalog-bates-mens-8-inch-steel-toe-zipper-boot;jsessionid=9BBE3CB76F3F23152093CA86AC75492D

Hubbards shoe grease to protect the leather, and tuff toe on the toes...problem solved.

Lol wish it was that easy. I am to lazy to clean my boots everyday. They get blown off with a air chuck. I work with liquid silica also. I just buy boots twice a year. Lol

I put on mine for my normal daily wear today and looked. They are the 3507 http://www.redwingsafety.com/safety-boot/3507-safe-us/3507-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-black

I use them 4 - 5 days per week and they still look great after 2 years. Still comfortable. I will buy them again when they eventually wear out.

Chris

Here's mine

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2492-red-wing-shoes/2492-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown

Work paid for em

I love em had em for about a half a year and they are very comfy and reliable. Only thing I suggest is getting the tuff-toe coating they sell due to the fabric on the toe getting cut fairly easy (at least when you use your toes to catch anything falling :lol:)

These are also my riding boots

I would recommend Belleville if your looking for military boots, they are more comfortable than any other brand of military boot I have ever worn, especially their gortex ones.

For industrial I prefer redwings, mine lasted me a pretty long time in harsh working conditions(paper mill) and I found them to be somewhat comfortable.

Where did you buy them, ive narrowed t down and really want the belleville 300 des st, but dont know where i can buy them other than online. Just curious about where everyone buys their boots, ive already drove about 75 miles looking for boots and only found the redwings which i may buy if i cant find bellevilles or athletic boots in a store. Id drive to columbus if i had to.

Well finally pulled the trigger on a pair of belleville boots

http://www.militarybootsdirect.com/belleville-boots-300-des-st.html

After realizing im not gonna find what i want in a store i decided to just man up and order online, if they dont fit pay return shipping and have a new pair shipped free. Could be worse.

looks like you've made your choice already but if you decide to keep looking check these out.

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=2&catID=26&prodid=326

These are the station boots I wear at the FD. Sole wears well, not crazy heavy or clunky and just change in insert out as needed for comfort and you'll be happy. And after a few coats of polish you can get a nice sheen off the leather.