calling all bass heads/car audio gurus!

oldschoolsdime92

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna keep on eye on this as well, last I remember about car audio the Phoenix Gold Cyclone was the latest and greatest!

-VanDy

For me it was planet audio vector 12s and a 1250d. A friend of mine had planet audio big bang 12s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqUmzdcIls&sns=em

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I'm about 10 years out also. I just started researching again about a week ago to get caught back up with everything. Kicker stuff still seems to be decent, but for what your getting it seems to be very pricey. I always liked alpine headunits as well, and as yours did, mine was stolen.

Last system I had was in my IROC. 2 8" L7s and a Kicker 600Watt AMP. Kicker 6x9s in the back and front doors. with Old School alpine amps running the 6x9s. and an Alpine head unit. Sounded awesome. Was also stolen. but they didnt take the face plate that was in the center console. also only took the head unit and my Snowboard gloves. Left my jacket CDs subs and amp. stupidass

Alpine V12 and Fosgate Punch 100 bridged running a pair of Punch Audiophile 12's ( rubber rolled edge for tight, short throw bass - metal/rock oriented ) w/pairs of 5x7's & 6-1/2's 3-way. Was all I could muster money for in my 92 range xcab. It was crankin loud for a small truck but my ears have been beaten to death enough because of that system and several bands worth of abuse :D

Components were good quality, but far from top shelf equip. Told I needed a farad or 2 cap to help the bass from crashing my alternator on loud night cruises, but ended up fattening the replacement alt's amperage once the OEM finally folded.

I didnt know much about car audio back then but a couple of friends helped steer me to what I should use to suit the music and sound I wanted. I still dont know much about whats best for what app, but did learn "some" useful tidbits. Hope your box and audio setup works out man, about all I can help with is to fulfill your wiring needs thru my work. I can build cables from 18ga up to 2/0 if you need discounted power/grounds.

Lol last sytem i had was when most of you were in diapers lol. Punch 10's and amps with infinity mids and highs. Been almost 15+ years lol.

Thats about the same timeframe I had my system - good old 1990's:D

My last car stereo I had was in a 2001 VW GTI. This was the week I finished installing it so I hadn't hidden all the wires yet or gotten the battery and cap mounted.

PCDV0002.jpg

JL 300/4 on the seat for mid/highs. Subs are Eclipse 88100dvc 10" wired parallel for 1ohm . Orion HCCA 275G4 running 1200W.

eq.jpg

My Audio Control EQL and some of the passive crossovers.

I remember those. You had to splice the power wires together, because it had a big lead running from it, instead of a block you hooked power into.

Yup and that wire kept getting shorter and shorter...lol, I had an orion 2250 once too it was the same way except it was a replacable plug, but they hung you out to dry on replacment cost

Lol, jensen!

My first setup in high school, I had a pioneer head unit, forget the model number but it had a pop out volume knob, and the oled display all blue-green and the demo mode played race car scenes and dolphins and stuff...

Then I bought a pair of jensen 12's (with the rediculously thick foam surround)

5377L.jpg

And a jensen 300 watt amp.

5V15J25M63Ef3Ib3Lec71be5a4168074c1abf.jpg

I later bought a second 300 watt jensen and bridged them so each amp was pushing 1 sub

cache_500_1_1_img_3415324_7fbbff42eefe5dcc0ae57fbd0388d9ecjpg.gif

Ahh, the good ol days, lol