Ogio No Drag Mach 1, 3 and 5 Backpacks

RidersDiscount

Backpacks can be an essential part of travelling or commuting on a bike, but most standard packs are not designed for that purpose. Motorcycle riders generally require a different set of features, and that is exactly the group that OGIO No Drag series caters to.

There are three backpacks in the OGIO No Drag line. They are the Mach 1, Mach 3, and Mach 5. All three share the same basic shape and use a streamlined, molded shell that reduces drag whether the pack is full or not. This is because the shell is rigid and holds its shape at speed. The finish of the shell is differs between the three bags, but all are a high quality and water resistant to help keep your belongings dry in case you encounter some wet weather. Other shared features include a pocket for a hydration bladder and a protective laptop compartment that fits most notebooks up to 15”. From here, features and storage space varies, with the largest and most fully featured being the top of the line Mach 5.

Ogio No Drag Mach 5

ogio_mach_5-1.jpg

The Mach 5 has the most storage thanks to its zippered expansion gusset. When fully expanded it gives 1475 cubic inches of storage. Storage space is organized and well thought out, with individual pockets for a spare faceshield, electronics, small items, and even your shoes. The Mach 5 is a very comfortable backpack with its padded back panel and straps. The pads also help keep a channel open down the center of your back to allow airflow. The molded shell of the Mach 5 is finished in a carbon weave pattern that we think looks great, and the addition of reflective piping and logos helps keep make you more visible on the road.

Ogio No Drag Mach 3

ogio_mach_3-1.jpg

The Mach 3 keeps nearly all of the same features as the Mach 5, but it does not have the expansion pocket, carbon weave finish, or the interior pouch for a spare shield. This means that it has 1125 cubic inches of storage, or about 350 cubic inches less than the expanded Mach 5. In place of the carbon weave look, the Mach 3’s outer shell is a smooth, flat black with synthetic fabric panels separating the sides from the center.

Ogio No Drag Mach 1

ogio_mach_1-1.jpg

Coming in at the base of the No Drag series is the Mach 1. This bag is the same size as the Mach 3 at 1125 cubic inches, but it does lack some of the bells and whistles. The interior has the laptop and hydration pockets, but the rest is unlined. The exterior finish is more restrained as well, with a uniform, tough, black synthetic material covering the molded shell instead of the more elaborate finishes and reflective piping/logos of the other two. The back is doesn’t have as much padding as the two higher models, but it is still a comfortable pack. The Mach 1 may lack some of the finish and features of the Mach 3 and 5, but it is still a solid choice that offers a lot of bang for the buck.

With their motorcycle specific features, sleek aerodynamics, and high quality OGIO construction, you really can’t go wrong with any of the No Drag backpacks. Riders Discount has all three available to you (along with the entire OGIO motorsports line), so get in touch with Nathan if you're interested. You can give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 809 or shoot him a PM through the forum. If email is more convenient, feel free to send one to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we'll get back to you right away!

The interior of the Mach 5 is shown here, with the shoe pouches and the visor pocket. Remove the visor pocket from the Mach 5 and you have the interior of the Mach 3. Going with the Mach 1 will still give you a versatile bag with the laptop storage, but no lining or shoe pockets.

ogio_mach_3and5_interior-1.jpg

Soft padding is found on the back of both the Mach 5 and 3, but not the Mach 1. This padding helps keep you comfortable and leaves a channel open in the center for air to flow through.

ogio_mach_3and5_back-1.jpg

All three use the same molded, aerodynamic shell, with the only differences being the exterior finish. In this photo the Mach 5 is on the left, the Mach 1 in the center, and the Mach 3 is on the right.

ogio_mach_series_finish_comparison-1.jpg

Edited by RidersDiscount

Placed my order for the mach 5 :) I'll write a small review once I get it for those that are interested in it but haven't purchased it yet.

I was happy with the price though if that helps :) I figured I would just get the mach 1, but the price was aloooooooooooooooot less than I expected ;)

Placed my order for the mach 5 :) I'll write a small review once I get it for those that are interested in it but haven't purchased it yet.

I was happy with the price though if that helps :) I figured I would just get the mach 1, but the price was aloooooooooooooooot less than I expected ;)

Thanks for the purchase, I am sure you will enjoy it and look forward to your review!

Got the backpack today, that was quick!

Overall, I really like it. Quality seems good (seams, zippers, etc) and it fits my 15" MacBook Pro very nicely along with my iPad, pair of shoes, and my workout clothes which is generally what I haul back and forth to work.

The helmet face shield holder is nice but I'll rarely if ever use it. Unfortunately, it's not removable. I may end up just cutting it out.

The only downside (kinda) for me is that the waist strap is way too short to go around my fat ass. I'm a 42" waist and it's not even close to fitting. However, it's not something I would use anyway (the chest strap is enough for me) and it is removable so it won't be in my way.

Thanks!