Bill to ban protests at funerals passes Congress

Scruit

HR347 is pair of a minor language updates to an existing law that predates Obama.

- It changes the bar for "intent" from "willfully and knowingly" to just "knowingly", so they don't have to prove you knew the area was off limits

- Adds, as stated above, the White House and the Vice President's house to the list of restricted areas.

The law already existed.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/restricted.asp

Yes, I should have mentioned the previous law it amended. But it's not an update, it's a new Act of Congress. It also increases the "zone" surrounding, and did bump the penalty to felony. As well as declaring enforcement by federal rather than local authorities. The original goes way back, and was amended by the Clinton era to include the other events, like conventions, sports, Olympics, etc.

Do the idiots a WBC have to apply for permits of any kind in order to hold their protests? I remember a long long time ago when the KKK was doing a rally in Cleveland and they had to get permits for it. I am just wonder if WBC has to do the same then why do city's grant them the permits?

I'm not all about limiting free speech, even if it's in bad taste...

I'm not a big fan of HR347 either...

more laws, less freedoms

This.

Like the quote like "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll fight for your right to say it."

Amish do NOT pay property tax, every one of their homes is also considered a church...

wrong.

and in Ohio, what are the majority of property taxes used for? Something the Amish don't use, public schools.