Olympic shooting

Scruit

Am I the only one surprised that the Men's double-trap event was won by a Brit, and that there were no Americans even in the final? :confused:

At least Hancock won the skeet shoot.

Edited by Scruit

That's the name of the sport, right? Shooting. At the Olympics.

Olympic Shooting - Schedule, Results, Medals | London 2012

How depressing that when an British person hears "Olympic Shooting" they think of the sport of shooting, and an American thinks of mass murder... What does that tell you about the state of gun violence in the US? :nono:

Edited by Scruit

how do they practice with no guns in the U.K.? :dunno:

they must be <really> good...

'grats to our funny-sounding friends.

Shotguns are legal for sport or work. Anything that holds 3 rounds or less (chamber+mag, our double-barrel) can be held on a shotgun license and higher mags need a full gun license.

Bolt-action hunting rifles re legal too. The three key things that are illegal are pistols, semi-auto anything and the entire concept of owning a gun for self defense. You need to prove you need a shotgun to get a shotgun license (game warden, vermin control, sport shooting etc) and you cannot store in it a way that it is accessible for self-defense (ammo and gun must be in separate safes, and you must agree to random searches of your gun safes by the police to ensure your are in compliance)

TBH I'd rather get shot with a semi-auto 22 than a shotgun, but that's just me. A 22 might make you bleed out or die before you can get to the hospital if they get a lucky shot, but a shotgun will leave a cavity the size of a canteloupe

Edited by Scruit

you cannot store in it a way that it is accessible for self-defense (ammo and gun must be in separate safes, and you must agree to random searches of your gun safes by the police to ensure your are in compliance)

Wow, but I suppose rules are rules. That random search thing seems strange, but it seems enforcement is enforcement.

Shotguns are legal for sport or work. Anything that holds 3 rounds or less (chamber+mag, our double-barrel) can be held on a shotgun license and higher mags need a full gun license.

Bolt-action hunting rifles re legal too. The three key things that are illegal are pistols, semi-auto anything and the entire concept of owning a gun for self defense. You need to prove you need a shotgun to get a shotgun license (game warden, vermin control, sport shooting etc) and you cannot store in it a way that it is accessible for self-defense (ammo and gun must be in separate safes, and you must agree to random searches of your gun safes by the police to ensure your are in compliance)

TBH I'd rather get shot with a semi-auto 22 than a shotgun, but that's just me. A 22 might make you bleed out or die before you can get to the hospital if they get a lucky shot, but a shotgun will leave a cavity the size of a canteloupe

Now we know why you came over here! :lol: