8/4 South.... NO CRASHING!!

tigerdoug

Not enough rides this summer and too many crashes. I'm planning on leaving from the gas station at 252/303 at 9:30 AM. Hope to be home before 4PM, with a few short stops.

The pace, for some sport bikes might be considered lethargic, for cruisers way too fast, and for folks just getting used to two lane twisty roads, challenging. My hope is to keep what I consider a spirited pace. Pretty certain of most of this route other than the 658-541 section. Suggestions are welcome.

http://goo.gl/maps/8xKQ0

Depending on the weather (and whether or not I head to Mid-Ohio for the ALMS/Indy race) I might be up for this, although I would probably meet you guys closer to Millersburg.

I'll post up either way tomorrow afternoon.

ahhh too late at this point

I'd have to prep the bike, throw it on the trailer, pick up gas, be there by 7:30....meaning leave here by 6.

If I knew you were going yesterday I would have been ready. You going sunday too or just tomorrow?

ahhh too late at this point

I'd have to prep the bike, throw it on the trailer, pick up gas, be there by 7:30....meaning leave here by 6.

If I knew you were going yesterday I would have been ready. You going sunday too or just tomorrow?

Not at this point of time, but if I get hooked, then maybe :D

Sorry for thread hijack TD, on a different note, rain only in evening go out and ride guys. Good day to ride

Pushed the button at 9:30 am.... alone, ran into construction on 252 by Medina High School, adjusted return trip.

Was a good ride, several corners on 313 had gravel causing a freak out on my part. Still not over the gravel washout on a corner down by Marietta three weeks ago, still trying to get my speed mojo back.

Ended up coming back via the metro park to avoid construction and the heat of the slab. In the garage a bit after 3:30, about 285 miles, a bit short by my standards, but good enough.

sorry tiger, ended up staying up way too late last night and didnt get out of bed till after 10.

It takes a looong time to get over going down. I still have trouble on blind ascending right hand turns and my accident was about 5 or 6 years ago if not longer.

Glad your ride was uneventful. Post up next time you are heading out and I'll tag along.