Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop's Foot

obesityrules

Wonder what was said before dude gets in the car.

Also, I wonder when the cop started thinking "payday bitch" because he sure seems to start feeling a lot of pain the moment he looks up from the driver(on the ground) and notices the camera pointed at him. JMHO

Also, I wonder when the cop started thinking "payday bitch" because he sure seems to start feeling a lot of pain the moment he looks up from the driver(on the ground) and notices the camera pointed at him. JMHO

It's pure adrenalin, I have been there myself. You get injured before/while going hands on with someone and adrenalin takes over. Once you get them in cuffs, the pain sets in.

Adrenaline, man. Between the "eightball" and the "payday bitch", you really seem to like inserting random hypotheticals into a situation that doesn't call for them. I'm probably more distrusting of police than the next guy, but at least I can form a reasoned opinion based solely on the video that I'm given without having to toss in "well, what if's" to shore up my argument.

I didn't see any movement from the car what-so-ever showing that it ran over the cops foot. If it did, the cop should not have even placed his foot in front of the car/tire. I get being upset, but I think a line was crossed and he over reacted a bit.

Aside from that, it's kind of funny, but also slightly shows how fucked up this world is.

It's New York Fuckin City man! Place is rude and full of attitude. To compare any OH PD to NY cops is like comparing Spy kids to Jason Bourn. It's a whole other world and your rules don't apply. Probably one of the few places you can be arrested for trying to stop someone from being mugged on the street.

Notice a few things. 1 guy just laid on the street without saying a word 2. police let the gf take the car 3. gf was not upset bf was being arrested 4. cones were already around the car 5. police didn't even search the vehicle despite opportunity for a little game of "look what we found in the glove box".

So relax and take the "Ohio Values" banners down with the "I hate cops" logos cause it's just plain ignorant and I don't have time to explain it to you.

It's New York Fuckin City man! Place is rude and full of attitude. To compare any OH PD to NY cops is like comparing Spy kids to Jason Bourn. It's a whole other world and your rules don't apply. Probably one of the few places you can be arrested for trying to stop someone from being mugged on the street.

Notice a few things. 1 guy just laid on the street without saying a word 2. police let the gf take the car 3. gf was not upset bf was being arrested 4. cones were already around the car 5. police didn't even search the vehicle despite opportunity for a little game of "look what we found in the glove box".

So relax and take the "Ohio Values" banners down with the "I hate cops" logos cause it's just plain ignorant and I don't have time to explain it to you.

Once again, inserting hypotheticals to a situation that doesn't call for them. For all you know on the video, they could have asked the guy to search and he didn't give consent. The cones were around the car probably because there was a guy laying on the traffic portion of the street and the cop wanted to give a little buffer for everyone's safety. I did think letting the GF take the car was a little weird, especially since it was used in the commission of a crime, but hey, if that's NYC laws, that's NYC laws.

And the reason you think that NYC is "rude, and full of attitude" is that the locals there don't have time or the inclination to put up with petty bullshit, that goes for cops and citizens alike.

Edited by Cheech

Once again, inserting hypotheticals to a situation that doesn't call for them. For all you know on the video, they could have asked the guy to search and he didn't give consent. The cones were around the car probably because there was a guy laying on the traffic portion of the street and the cop wanted to give a little buffer for everyone's safety. I did think letting the GF take the car was a little weird, especially since it was used in the commission of a crime, but hey, if that's NYC laws, that's NYC laws.

And the reason you think that NYC is "rude, and full of attitude" is that the locals there don't have time or the inclination to put up with petty bullshit, that goes for cops and citizens alike.

they didnt need consent to search. he was being arrested, they could have impounded the car and done "inventory", which they have to do when impounding, giving them access to the car

and there was a cone out at the beginning of the video, blocking off the car and officer, they only added more when dude was laying in the road

they didnt need consent to search. he was being arrested, they could have impounded the car and done "inventory", which they have to do when impounding, giving them access to the car

and there was a cone out at the beginning of the video, blocking off the car and officer, they only added more when dude was laying in the road

That's true, but in this case they did need consent since the car wasn't being impounded.

Adrenaline, man. Between the "eightball" and the "payday bitch", you really seem to like inserting random hypotheticals into a situation that doesn't call for them. I'm probably more distrusting of police than the next guy, but at least I can form a reasoned opinion based solely on the video that I'm given without having to toss in "well, what if's" to shore up my argument.

Call it necessary to stand in front of a vehicle that is attempting to flee and you have to consider the hypothetical, because you are approving it to be done in every similar situation in the future. Also, it is not a random hypothetical, some day someone will really want to get away, and they will not give a shit about running a cop over.

As for the "payday bitch" scenario, that wasn't a hypothetical, it was just an observation that the car bumped his foot and he had no reaction to the pain until he noticed a camera. Adrenaline could explain it, but the cars movement at the time the cop went from writing a ticket to punching the window seem to point in another direction.

Call it necessary to stand in front of a vehicle that is attempting to flee and you have to consider the hypothetical, because you are approving it to be done in every similar situation in the future. Also, it is not a random hypothetical, some day someone will really want to get away, and they will not give a shit about running a cop over.

As for the "payday bitch" scenario, that wasn't a hypothetical, it was just an observation that the car bumped his foot and he had no reaction to the pain until he noticed a camera. Adrenaline could explain it, but the cars movement at the time the cop went from writing a ticket to punching the window seem to point in another direction.

it worked out well for this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4HxOAWIpA

I think I'm going to need you to explain your position a bit further, because this to me reads like a word salad. You don't have to consider the hypothetical, the guy put himself in front of a car that was parallel parked on the side of a busy road in order to make it clear to the driver that no, leaving isn't the best idea right now. Yeah, he could have talked to the guy, but he was engaged in writing the ticket, and chose this method instead which for the vast majority of the population would be just as effective. If you've ever been to NYC (especially the area that I think this took place in, based on the cobblestone roads), you'd know that the chances of this guy peeling out and driving off at any speed faster than double digits (while doing no damage to his car) is absolutely impossible.

Hey, if you want to be cynical, then be my guest. I have more than my fair share of cynicism when it comes to the police, but I also recognize a delayed pain response when I see one.

Mr. Officer should never have let him in the car in the first place.

Um, no. It was a parking ticket, you don't detain people for parking tickets or civil infractions.

Edited by Cheech

Im 1000% on the cops side. i would have been mad enough to actually punch through the window and drag that rich POS out the window and cuff him for assault on a Police Officer.

F that guy.

They did drag him out of the car and cuff him for assault on an officer. His being rich or poor had nothing to do with it. Happy?

Um, no. It was a parking ticket, you don't detain people for parking tickets or civil infractions.

Um, yeah. What good is writing an infraction and not being able to place it on the vehicle, because the bad guy drove off?

If you aren't detaining people for civil infractions ... how do you issue the citation?

I can see turning in a parking ticket to the precinct ... but that's assuming the driver didn't leave with the vehicle before you wrote the plate number.

Um, yeah. What good is writing an infraction and not being able to place it on the vehicle, because the bad guy drove off?

If you aren't detaining people for civil infractions ... how do you issue the citation?

I can see turning in a parking ticket to the precinct ... but that's assuming the driver didn't leave with the vehicle before you wrote the plate number.

I'm going to take a small liberty and assume since the cop was there for a decent amount of time before the driver got there, he had the car's license plate, which is all he would need to pursue the driver in the event that he drove off. Also, given this particular incident (again, no need for hypotheticals), there wasn't a lot of danger about the guy peeling out because it was a busy NYC road.

To answer your question, you issue the citation just like authorities have been issuing citations for decades, on the vehicle itself. If the owner of said vehicle actually shows up, then you can give it to them in person. Everything else is up to the guy getting the ticket as to how he wants to proceed from there (paying, not paying, fighting in court, etc.)

I think I'm going to need you to explain your position a bit further, because this to me reads like a word salad. You don't have to consider the hypothetical, the guy put himself in front of a car that was parallel parked on the side of a busy road in order to make it clear to the driver that no, leaving isn't the best idea right now. Yeah, he could have talked to the guy, but he was engaged in writing the ticket, and chose this method instead which for the vast majority of the population would be just as effective. If you've ever been to NYC (especially the area that I think this took place in, based on the cobblestone roads), you'd know that the chances of this guy peeling out and driving off at any speed faster than double digits (while doing no damage to his car) is absolutely impossible.

Hey, if you want to be cynical, then be my guest. I have more than my fair share of cynicism when it comes to the police, but I also recognize a delayed pain response when I see one.

When saying something like "his actions were necessary" you DO have to consider all hypothetical situations, because you are telling everyone listening to perform the same action in a similar situation.

Standing in front of a car as a means to deter it from leaving may work for the mass majority of the population, but you don't plan for the mass majority, you plan for the 1 out of 1000 that will leave you laying crippled on the side of the road.

Why are cops observant of driver and passenger actions when they are conducting a stop? If we planned for the mass majority, they should casually stroll up to the window. We plan of the freak occurrence where someone doesn't shift their car into park, is hiding something, is preparing to attack the officer, or anything else that is not "normal".

We cheer on this cop because he took down an arrogant asshole in a Ferrari....big deal, he got his foot "run over" in the process and it could have been far worse.

it worked out well for this guy

I dont know for sure, but I'd put money that there was a portion added into spike strip training after this event. "Park the car in the direction of the oncoming fleeing vehicle. The car acts as a barrier between the fleeing vehicle and your position when deploying spike strips."

I'm going to take a small liberty and assume since the cop was there for a decent amount of time before the driver got there, he had the car's license plate, which is all he would need to pursue the driver in the event that he drove off. Also, given this particular incident (again, no need for hypotheticals), there wasn't a lot of danger about the guy peeling out because it was a busy NYC road.

To answer your question, you issue the citation just like authorities have been issuing citations for decades, on the vehicle itself. If the owner of said vehicle actually shows up, then you can give it to them in person. Everything else is up to the guy getting the ticket as to how he wants to proceed from there (paying, not paying, fighting in court, etc.)

Somethings telling me that when you show up and attempt to drive off ... you would be requested to stay put. I'd bet the majority of attempts (your attempted escape or evasion) would result in an officer dealing with you directly, or if you are lucky, calling for backup.

Edited by BMMW

Our police are constantly asked to walk a fine line between safety and enforcement. Does he stand in front of the car completely and allow himself to be crushed? no. Does he curl up in a ball in the corner sucking his thumb and crying for his mommy when the bad guy doesn't do exactly as the cop says? No. Where is that fine line? Unless you're on the job you don't know where that line is. You can guess, and you can monday-morning quarterback, but unless you have a badge you don't know jack. (if you have several direct relatives who are/were cops then you can wade into internet disputes and give a radically centrist viewpoint, though... :D )

You want cops to stay safe then have them sit at home and send nasty emails to violators instead of enforcing laws.

When you walk a fine line, you can easily step over that line. In this case it is up for debate whether the officer exposed himself to a level of risk that was not necessary for a parking ticket - however that does not exonerate the Ferrari f*ckwit for trying to drive away. Not one bit. The officer's authority or his right/duty to enforce the law was exercised appropriately and the FF deserved his ride to jail.

My brother (police sergeant) told me the first lesson you must learn on the street is never bluff - don't threaten something you cannot back up. Don't threaten to arrest someone for something you know you can't arrest them for because when they say; "Go ahead and arrest me then" then you're left looking like an idiot. The most important tool you have is your credibility - without that you have nothing. Don't bluff, don't BS and don't be a coward. Criminals are like dogs, they can smell fear and will exploit it.

He also says he doesn't need to carry a gun because his interpersonal skills have always allowed him to de-escalate any situation he's been in - even when faced with a pistol. Not sure if I would be as confident myself, but I'm just an IT weenie and he's a 15 year veteran. He doesn't tell me how to normalize databases and I don't tell him how to be a cop. A pretty fair arrangement, I think.