words cant even describe....

2talltim

QFT

Being to good guy will get you burned, without a back up. I'm the same way, when someone says they are going to do something, that's what they are going to do. Too many people aren't like that and care too little about who it affects. They lie to themselves, telling themselves they can make it happen when they probably did budget right(being nice about that). So why wouldn't they lie to you?

Take them at their word until they follow through, but understand I have a back up, and let the back up know that's what they are.

GLWS

And we're done here. I had plenty of punters when I was selling the CBR, I let everyone know what spot they were in and if there were any reasonable buyers ahead of them. I also let everyone who even halfway sounded serious that the first person to get cash to me at a price that's agreeable to both of us gets the bike.

I'm all for honorable solutions, but in the business world, honor takes a backseat to cash-in-hand.

I had the opposite happened to me (I was the prospective buyer) as some may remember. Shit happens on both sides of the coin. This is why I hate buying and selling things.

Deposits are nice but there's always the chance the buyer gets there and the seller misrepresented something (purposely or otherwise), the buyer chooses to walk and the seller refuses to refund the deposit. Good times.

Ok ill tell you all who mainly because others are getting blamed and the others mentioned did nothing wrong. First off Crazyskullcrusher was VERY interested but never accually said "ill take it" he decided the money spent would not be as big of a upgrade as he thought for him. Second littlecarbsbigsmiles bought my wifes shadow, it was a hand shake agreement and I Trusted him till the next day and he IS a man of his word and handed over the cash the next day(Thanks Greg hope the wife loves the Shadow.) The person of topic is mikexup, came over Saturday before I meet up with Sam and threw out a offer(I almost said the hell with sam and took the offer right then)but I'm a man of my word and told Sam I would give him first crack at it. Once Sam told me he was out I called mike and said if he wanted it, it was all his and he said absolutly, then ask how I wanted to proseed he would do a personal check durring the weekend, or a bank check Monday, I said if your going to the bank maonday id prefer cash, he said that's fine. So last night left him a voice mail asking him what time he wanted to meet up and I got a text back requesting my email address because it easier for him to reply to emails, so ii sent him my email(this was around 8p last night) later last night I hadn't gotten any email so I sent him another text saying , let me know asap so I could plan out my day for tommorrow. Then here is the next text I get a 6am......

Without boring you witha bunch of details the purchase of the bike isn't the best thing for me to do at this time. It's a nice bike and I'm sure it will make someone a nice ride. Comes down to too many irons in the fire right now for me. Later...Mike

And I sent a couple replies instantly with no replies back:nono:

Edited by 2talltim

ohh, glad the 2 people we were suspicious of turned out to be stand-up guys... As I had thought until reading this post...

got no experience with mikexup :dunno:

rode with littlecarbs to Heinz field, seemed like a cool dude...

CSC I don't know personally, but he seemed cool as well.

Edited by magley64

Didn't think Sam would put it to ya, he's a good feller - don't know LittleCarbs, but he was the only other person in the conversation that I read.

Either way, it happens. May not even mean that mikexup is a bad dude, although it seemed a bit shady how it all went down:nono:

dammit, this has to be my worst game of OR Clue ever. i totally thought it was Col. Mustard with the meth pipe, but it was that dastardly whore Miss Scarlet with the Blunderbuss the whole fucking time.

• Upvote 3

If any were wondering I haven't listed the bike in the market place yet because a guy I know is waiting on a call back from the bank for a personal loan to buy it. Didn't want to go throgh all the trouble of listing everything and posting pics if he was going to be able to make it happen. He said its a long shot but its hope

dammit, this has to be my worst game of OR Clue ever. i totally thought it was Col. Mustard with the meth pipe, but it was that dastardly whore Miss Scarlet with the Blunderbuss the whole fucking time.

+rep...:lol:

You ladies are worse than a seweing circle when you get together with your rumors. Shittygsxr, explain to me how having the will power and strength to overcome TWO incredibly strong addictions and stay clean for 7 years would somehow make me more likely to fuck someone over. You don't like me, that's fine. Keep my fucking name out of your mouth and we can continue to be civil.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher
mistaken identity, sorry nick, read the posts cross-eyed.
  • Upvote 3

You ladies are worse than a seweing circle when you get together with your rumors. Nick, explain to me how having the will power and strength to overcome TWO incredibly strong addictions and stay clean for 7 years would somehow make me more likely to fuck someone over. You don't like me, that's fine. Keep my fucking name out of your mouth and we can continue to be civil.

You seem like a good guy and big props or having the strength and mindset to overcome addiction...I have lost a few friends that couldn't shake that monkey. It is kinda funny how assumptions fly around here sometimes, but this is still a good group of folks.