Craiglist Find - CBR 900 - $1000.00

Ryan_c_F

if it's anything like the XX, cam chain tensioners are notorious for making noise...

sounds like a bowl of marbles rolling around in the right side....

Cheap and easy to "fix" but then they get noisy again unless you upgrade to the X11.

Not a functional problem, they still work fine, they just make noise.

(assuming of course that it is what the problem is)

if not, it looks pretty nice, you could probably ride it til it grenades and make your money back on parts via ebay...

Edited by magley64

CBR9's were pick of the litter stuntbikes. I can smell burnt rubber from here.

Looking at the front rotors, the blue heat treating has already been done:D

Cam chain tensioner could be a coverup for idiotic buyers purchasing a lubricant-starved, high mile, hammertoe'd valvetrain.

Case covers are either polished or scraped to hell, so its seen some ground time.

Frames are sometimes polished for a cool look, OR to do away with scrapes and nicks from multiple downs.

Seats dont look right, and fitment looks off in the pics - bent subframe or crappy salvage rebuild?

All in all, it looks kind of pretty but too good to be true imo. Possibly be one to part out and make some coin?

1996-1999 was called CB919RR (CB900RR). It had an engine bumped up to 918cc from the earlier 893cc. The CB919RR was followed by the CB929RR (CB900RR) with a 929cc.

The 2002-2007 919 is based on elements of the 929 engine, when it ceased production in 2001.

No title guys? That's why it's $1000...

he edited the post. I wouldn't have overlooked that.

But yes, I fully agree that "no title" explains things. I've seen those bikes do pretty well at the track, but the 16" front wheel makes finding decent rubber more difficult.

Still, pretty cool bike. Just too rare to use as a track bike for too long. But for $1,000, it's pretty disposable.