New truck/moto hauler!!!

shadyone

Awesome... congrats!! GREAT trucks and the V10 is a strong motor.... it'll treat ya good for a long long time. And this is coming from a Ford dealer tech, lol. And my fav color on those trucks too!

Just remember, if you put any tranny fluid in it... Mercon SP only in the TorqShift (if it's auto, that is), cannot mix with any other fluid ;)

It is an auto. Funny you bring up the color I thought it was grey at first then saw a hint of brown. The tag on the keys said green. I really have no clue what the color actually is. But I like it a lot.

enjoy

at 100,000 you will be due for plugs--the one that you have to drill out of the head after you snap them off cause they are froze in the head also cam fazer will need replaced because the guy before you used 10w40 in it and when the injectors go bad and hydrolock the motor you can install those new rods the improved ones, Or maybe you are luckier then most

enjoy

at 100,000 you will be due for plugs--the one that you have to drill out of the head after you snap them off cause they are froze in the head also cam fazer will need replaced because the guy before you used 10w40 in it and when the injectors go bad and hydrolock the motor you can install those new rods the improved ones, Or maybe you are luckier then most

Or maybe it's not a 5.4 3V..... :nono:

Never had a problem with the plugs on the 6.8, and even still there's a special tool to pull them out which works great... it's not hard at all. And they don't even have VCT so no cam phasers to worry about either, it's just a regular old timing gear. The stuck injectors causing hydrolocks were only in the '05 5.4's, never had a problem on the 6.8's. We really never see any problems out of these motors at all.... I've never been a fan of the 5.4 3V though, at least the earlier ones ('04-05)

Edited by thirdgenlxi

Thanks for the reassurance third gen.

I really like the color, depending on how it's lit up it can look brown green silver dark grey and almost black. The actually name is Dark Shadow Grey Metallic.

Or maybe it's not a 5.4 3V..... :nono:

Never had a problem with the plugs on the 6.8, and even still there's a special tool to pull them out which works great... it's not hard at all. And they don't even have VCT so no cam phasers to worry about either, it's just a regular old timing gear. The stuck injectors causing hydrolocks were only in the '05 5.4's, never had a problem on the 6.8's. We really never see any problems out of these motors at all.... I've never been a fan of the 5.4 3V though, at least the earlier ones ('04-05)

Yea the v 10 is not as bad as that 5.3 but basicaly the same with two more cyclinders