new car audio theft technique?

Gixxus Christ!

I know shady....when I was sure the guy was infront of my house the adrenaline kicked in and I got all antsy in my pantsies, grabbed the hammer and was out the door. It's probably better that I didnt cave his skull in, would probably catch an assault case....deadly force isn't ok to usr in defense of property and I would have a tough time proving self defense.

You should've went to his truck so he couldn't see you, started it up (he probably left the keys in it for a quick get away), tossed it in gear and jumped out. It would've crashed into something down the road. Or waited and slammed his shins in the door of your car, I guarantee that would take the fight out of him for the ass whooping he was about to receive.

Well you see officer I stopped to steal this guys stereo and he sent my truck down the road...

He left his truck running. There's no way I could have gotten past him to his truck, my car was between the garage and his truck. Just hope that's the last I'll see of him.

I hope so too.. Damn Theifs deserve the punishment!!

-VanDy

I know shady....when I was sure the guy was infront of my house the adrenaline kicked in and I got all antsy in my pantsies, grabbed the hammer and was out the door. It's probably better that I didnt cave his skull in, would probably catch an assault case....deadly force isn't ok to usr in defense of property and I would have a tough time proving self defense.

What if you start smashing his truck up and then when he attacks you, self defense kicks in? :rolleyes:

I would have been out the door and sprinting towards that bastard, thumbing my cel's camera while jumping over the shit puddles he'd randomly dropped on his frantic shuffle back to his truck. By the time I'd reached the end of the driveway to see him pull away, there would be a couple pics of his truck and plate # fresh for the sharing with all my friends and neighbors. Damn I hate a thief. Get a job and buy your own shit, criminal.

As for the garage door gig, no windows in mine and a few laps of safety wire keeps that door release lever locked down. I also put in a deadbolt of the window-free, steelclad side door. Drilled through the door frame and 3 studs to firmly house a stick of 3/4" gas pipe for the deadbolt to slide into. They want in, they'll have to take out the frame and 3 feet of wall. Burgle eslewhere stupid burglars.

• Upvote 1

hellmutt, with your garage so far from your house Id be worried too. Kinda like my house that sits back from the road so far and gets really dark. Im always paranoid. Last night Baxter (my dog) flipped out about 12 AM. I walked out with pistol in hand but didn't see anything. then on Facebook i see that this morning there were 2 cars robbed on the other side of the block from me. both cars doors were unlocked. I got anxious reading it thinkin I could have walked out on someone trying to get into my new truck. Id have a dead person on my lawn. : (

hellmutt, with your garage so far from your house Id be worried too. Kinda like my house that sits back from the road so far and gets really dark. Im always paranoid. Last night Baxter (my dog) flipped out about 12 AM. I walked out with pistol in hand but didn't see anything. then on Facebook i see that this morning there were 2 cars robbed on the other side of the block from me. both cars doors were unlocked. I got anxious reading it thinkin I could have walked out on someone trying to get into my new truck. Id have a dead person on my lawn. : (

Glad they didn't screw with your new truck. Btw, what did you end up buying? I know you were looking to get a new one, but dont remember you telling me about it. CR still running good for ya too?