Motoseries Round 7 @ Nelson Aug 31-Sep 1

TRMN8TR

Yeah rough day for me for sure, bike just wouldn't cooperate. As soon as I'd get into the power band around 12 grand or so, I'd just completely lose power. It would just very slowly climb the revs from there and would kind of cut out for a split second here and there along the way. (I might start a thread with more details to see if anyone has ideas on what it could be). I got some good starts and felt like I could've run up front, but everyone would just blow by me on the front and back straights. Oh well, shit happens I guess. Honestly though, my track brothers are the shit! Thank you guys so much for helping me tear down the bike twice in an effort to sort shit out between races. Love you guys (all homo).

Props to Brandon for just straight fucking tearin it up out there! 13's, jesus! I'm gonna have to get this bike sorted so I can try to hang with you next round. Jinu looks more and more solid on the Kawi everyday. I believe Ron set a new personal best in the mini 20, making solid steady progress all the time. Mikey just putting us all to shame as always. And Andrew snagging a podium spot (13's I think), definitely wish I could've battled with you a little out there. And The Murse being an absolutely spectacular pit bitch and helping me with my bike all day (and HJ's of course)! Rough day for me racing wise, but it's always great to kick it with everyone.

nice to see a couple new faces. rhill was doing well and so was blueyama as well as others.

the races were great except for hollywood's misfortune with an unknown engine/injector problem. hopefully it's something stupid and easy to fix. Tyler didn't get away so lucky either... i think his engine grenaded... fucking hondas. i think after too many events, i am finally getting to a point where i can outperform my old self on the honda regularly.

my best time was a 15-something during practice. 16 something during the race. that's the first time i actually ran slower during the race than practice. kinda weird.

Turned out to be a pretty good day considering what the forecast was calling for. Overall, some great racing; albeit, the grids seemed a little lacking in turn out. First and foremost, a shout out to Brandon. Brandon was running super strong all day and had superbike race 1 all but wrapped up (pulling away) until the red flag came out. Definitely getting fast, quickly.

As for Hollywood, what a craptastic weekend. Bike troubles definitely screwed your weekend bad. Hopefully you can figure out it's out of the blue mystery issue, and soon, and hopefully cheap.

Jinu is looking stronger and stronger on the Kawi every time I see him. Definitely looking more comfortable and confident.

Mikey looked strong as always out there, always a force to be reckoned with.

Congrats to ama146 and all the others who podiumed. Definitely good to see all you guys out there. Hopefully, I will have the bike all put back together this week and be ready to go for the next round. Really looking forward to getting back on the bike and hopefully having a drama free weekend.

Last but not least, thank you to Brandon for the bonfire. It was a good bonfire; maybe even hot enough to get the girlfriend naked. I guess only those of us who were there will know ;)

While I am probably another season from coming anywhere near the rest of the gang in terms of lap times, I was happy to chip away at mine from last Monday and run mid 20's. I think Jeff and I will be out there next time pushing each other a little more, which can only make both of us better.

Man..3 weeks until the next track day. That sucks.

Sure thing Steve !

I hope PIRC is doable for me .

Matt, if you want an hand with anything trying to get the bike figured out just let me know. I'd be happy to run out and lend a hand troubleshooting.

Jeff, your ass will be at PIRC.

And we know finally know Keith Stone's middle name... Jinx. Take any bike...any...and he'll find a way to break it. Hey! You didn't let Keith touch your bike did you Matt!?!?

:D

Dang, sounds like a sketchy round for some, but solid for others.

Who knew the Murse could dress up in his scrubs and look so cute being a good little pit bitch right? Oh wait, that was just my imagination of him in his scrubs in the bedroom.

Brandon apparently, is tearing shit up and about to get in the mix big time, more ginger power! Mikey sounds like he's still flying fast as shit, and Jinu is getting in the mix on a new bike so that'll just keep improving.

I think Tyler's bike gernaded last time he tried to come out too, might be time for a full tear down, or sale.

Sorry I missed it, weekend was Fing nuts, and I missed all your guys cocks, I mean faces.

I don't know if Ryan Neu ( I think that's his last name), is on this forum but congrats to him running low 1:12s and he's only raced a handful of times. Oh and I think that was you with the gopro on your helmet. I'm excited to see that footage some time haha.

I don't know if Ryan Neu ( I think that's his last name), is on this forum but congrats to him running low 1:12s and he's only raced a handful of times. Oh and I think that was you with the gopro on your helmet. I'm excited to see that footage some time haha.

I don't think he's on here, but he was definitely running good. I give credit to him helping me drop 2 seconds off my previous times. We were chasing each other around during practice all day Saturday. (mostly me chasing him)

And dude I didn't really see what happened, but you must've had the most monster start ever in the second superbike race or something because all I knew was I went through turn 1 and looked up and you were ahead of most of the 1000 guys. And they don't usually f-up, lol.

I don't think he's on here, but he was definitely running good. I give credit to him helping me drop 2 seconds off my previous times. We were chasing each other around during practice all day Saturday. (mostly me chasing him)

And dude I didn't really see what happened, but you must've had the most monster start ever in the second superbike race or something because all I knew was I went through turn 1 and looked up and you were ahead of most of the 1000 guys. And they don't usually f-up, lol.

Haha yeah it was probably my best start ever. I just timed it perfectly and was off the split second the green flag moved.

And going around the first few turns in front of the experts I was like "just pass me already I know you are right behind me!!!". It was making me anxious knowing all 3 of them were probably right on my ass so I just wanted them in front of me so I knew I wasn't slowing anyone down. And of course soon enough they were all 3 in front of me and long gone haha

Next round I need to pit with you guys. It much more fun when we can chat before and between races and whatnot

Edited by ama146

Great seeing everyone again. Brandon, great job tearing shit up with your times and riding. Matt, keep Mr. Smooth away from your bike. Thansk to Kevin and Steve for bringing my pit bike. I had taken it off the trailer when the family went camping and didn't think about it until I go to work Friday.

I had a small episode of my own in between 9 and 10. Found yet another pothole with the front tire of the pit bike. Went a$$hole over elbows but managed not to break anything on me or the camera. According to the cornerworkers it wasn't ever close to gracefull!

Hope to see everyone at Pitt in a few weeks.

Marty I think its time to get a bigger bike with a bigger front tire that doesn't fit in gopher holes. :)

And also I don't know why you bother using that kickstand anymore, lol. Every time I see that bike its leaning over a little more. At the angle its at now, you might as well just lay it on its side.