Tipping in

donkason

good vid.. the talk about the suspension working in that 'sweet spot' reminds me even more on why I need to get my fork oil changed after 21k miles and the rear shock taken care of :rolleyes:

Sweet video, thanks. I've made it through about half so far.

I'm swapping my fluid and springs this month. Which made me wonder is a stock rear shock serviceable?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Yes they are.

Do tell. My manual says the shock is not serviceable, but people get creative and find ways. I have 4000 miles on my track bike with 1k being track time.

Also is this a DIY for a good wrench or drop off to a pro?

I just emailed 35. There was another thread that mentioned them. Their prices are great. $100 to do a full shock service:thumbup:

What's the revalving thing I see in their prices? I'm assuming the stock suspension, with the right spring rate and dialed in, could get one into the advanced group, correct? I always like to study ahead so when the time comes I'm educated.

I'll be doing fork service twice a season but how often should the rear be serviced on a track bike?

I finished the video last night and they had a whole section about quick tip ins. :beer:

I just emailed 35. There was another thread that mentioned them. Their prices are great. $100 to do a full shock service:thumbup:

What's the revalving thing I see in their prices? I'm assuming the stock suspension, with the right spring rate and dialed in, could get one into the advanced group, correct? I always like to study ahead so when the time comes I'm educated.

I'll be doing fork service twice a season but how often should the rear be serviced on a track bike?

I finished the video last night and they had a whole section about quick tip ins. :beer:

Getting into Advanced is less about lap time and more about rider and how you ride. But, to answer your question, we have PLENTY examples of stock machines with even under suspended bikes that are running in the top tier of lap times in the "A" group. Nothing exceptional in getting a stocker into "A"...

That being said, one thing Reuben can POSSIBLY do is make some valving changes on your stock shock. The issue is that money will get you close to buying a used Penske online at WERA or similar. On a GSXR like you have, you should find them between $500-$750 depending on condition. That would be a triple clicker and not the double that is also fine, but would be cheaper...

Check out Reuben and get the shock and really, your forks - all serviced and ready to go. You'll be amazed at the difference the right (quality) oil makes and the fact that most guys have close to no nitro left in their shocks...