Any experience with cortech suits?

RHill

Been looking at some suits lately, been trying to keep it low budget. Anyone have experience with the Cortech brand suits? I've included a couple links below. I've been keeping my eye out on used suits and ebay....just missed a new Latigo this morning on ebay for $320 shipped :nono: I really like the Adrenaline, but it is right at the top of my price range and no one seems to have them in stock(new item I think).

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=18839

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=10695

STG's video reviews are generally good. They are described as a "value" suit, but Larry Pegram wears their stuff...

I actually picked up a pair of their gloves and have been impressed. The Cortech rubber logo patches are only glued on, and the combination of 90 degree heat plus 140mph wind resulted in them flying off while on track, but that's hardly a structural or comfort issue.

I would be surprised if their suits weren't of similar quality. Good, but not great. Safe, but not durable when it comes to style. I'd wear one.

• Upvote 1

Larry's stuff is custom built. Don't let the marketing fool you...

That being said, they are on par with the Speed and Strength suits. Honestly, slightly lower, but close.

I think for the average track day rider and even beginning racer, fine choice and will be OK in buying one. Basically, at that price point, you have very few choices...

yeah 5'7" and a little over 200lbs here. The nylon in the latigo and the lack of a liner is a definite minus, but for the price its hard to ignore.

I tried on a couple speed and strength twist of fate suits at Iron Pony, one size difference went from not being able to go over my thighs to swimming in the suit.

Tried on an alpinestar(forget the name) and it felt awesome, the chest was was just too tight for any back protector to possibly fit.

I bought the Latigo about a year ago to replace my two piece leather and I like it. I've worn it to about six track days and the suit is holding up fine. I have not given it an "abrasion test" knock on wood.

The quality seems to be descent, double and triple stitching, logos are stitched not glued like the gloves above. My only complaint is that the limbs run long on me, I'm 5'6" and 160 wearing a size M(42).

I think for the average track day rider and even beginning racer, fine choice and will be OK in buying one. Basically, at that price point, you have very few choices...

That describes me a track dayer that had to try it for that price. I feel like I got the bang for my buck.

yeah 5'7" and a little over 200lbs here. The nylon in the latigo and the lack of a liner is a definite minus, but for the price its hard to ignore.

??? My Latigo has a mesh nylon inner liner and the site lists it in the features. Maybe you are talking about something different?

agv sport will be my next suit as they make custom suits with some great designs to pick from. most custom suits look very very dated and "power ranger" ish.

I like these,

http://www.agvsport.com/custom_leathers/images/templates/style3.jpg

it goes for $900-1100 depending on options.

Edited by serpentracer

I sell them. Honestly it sells better than S&S and i think it fits and feels more real. The new stuff lizard rides is very nice also and has a good price point. AGVsport?

Yes, I run the Laguna suits. I feel they are really good and high quality in the way they are stitched and the way the seams are thought out. In this price range we are discussing, the Laguna comes out higher in cost by a good bit, but think the $799 (retail) Imola is a better choice than either the Cortech or S&S. Honestly, the Monza and Willow at $699 and $599 are better choices after seeing them and even trying them on.

AGV Sport is awesome and held up in a pretty good low side I had. I've seen the Cortech roll seams in a similar lowside...