2000 Hayabusa

M_Quick

A friend of mine has been trying to sell her bike, so I thought I'd put a link on here to the CL add. It's listed at $6500, I know the Mr. on this deal said he would talk her into letting it go for as low as $5200.00 but don't say I said so, just saying. This guy also has a race car he's selling or trading. Not sure on details its a 1/4 mile fast car low 9's I think. Not sure on details but its a Old Vega. It's his cell # in the add. Here's link to to bike on Craigslist.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3156859005.html

Regardless of age, the 'busa market seems to have leveled out right around the $5000 price floor. So, they aren't retaining "Harley" value, but you won't lose your ass "investing" in one.

Given the production history though, I'd get a 2003+ model -- not that the early models are crap, but the 2003+ fixed the starter issue, swingarm issue, and has a 32-bit ECU vs. the 1999-2002 models.

Unless this is a true "unrestricted" model, which some people consider more valueable because they don't have to spend $70 on a TRE to unrestrict a later model :dunno:

I ride too many twisty roads to own a busa.

I bet JRMiii and I would have you playing catch up with us on the busa and 14. I raised mine back up because I missed turns too much so I'm ready when you are. ;) I have ridden with Justin too on his SV and I know he could tear it up on his Busa too.

Edited by NinjaNick

I ride too many twisty roads to own a busa.

Check out my avatar and say that:D

You'll get an extreme workout in the twisties heaving it around but it'll handle it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying that the bike won't do it, it will. Not as well as a 600 or something with comparable weight and wheelbase tho. Busa is a great bike, but its not optimized for carving corners like the lighter classes of sport bike are. Also, I don't want to have to heave a bike into a turn. Not knocking the Busa at all, seriously didnt know they held their value so well tho.

If you factor in Suzuki running a finance promo it's about cheaper to buy a new one if you plan on financing. I got 1.99% on mine for 60 months:cool: Cash players have a different story though.

In 2009 they did a major revision and it is a lot more bike. I would hunt down one of those first. He does have chrome rims, some polish work done to it, and it looks clean.

There wasn't a mention of the miles in the post so it's hard to determine what's fair. Busa's are either garage queens, big mile touring bikes, or have so much custom work done nobody wants to pay the asking price and the seller is still losing his shirt. So many people buy the status symbol, scare the shit out of themselves, and park it. Others run it until the wheels fall off. Heck, if I pin my throttle in 1st my shorts come out wet by the time I'm hitting 3rd. That bike taught me throttle control like an angry pimp.

The Busa is a heathen beast but it will hold it's value as the only bike worthy of

a6f84110-32de-842b.jpg

SKULLCRUSHER:

:werd: Its not as bad as it seems though if you aren't a pansy. If you are what your personality online is then you would be railing a busa too if you wanted. If you have corner skills you have them on a busa or 14 too. Hell just 1 track day should get you there on one. Anyway, yeah a 600 really tears it up but the big bore is more comfy and crazy power on the street. Too each their own though.;)

Edited by NinjaNick

. So many people buy the status symbol, scare the shit out of themselves, and park it. Others run it until the wheels fall off. Heck, if I pin my throttle in 1st my shorts come out wet by the time I'm hitting 3rd. That bike taught me throttle control like an angry pimp.

The Busa is a heathen beast.

Imagine if they bought a more powerful Kawasaki Ninja Zx14 too! :woo:

I don't wet myself, I pin the throttle and and get an evil grin thinking hell yeah! :evil:

Edited by NinjaNick

Imagine if they bought a more powerful Kawasaki Ninja Zx14 too! :woo:

At this point the arms race is on. Kawasaki has 1000 nukes vs Suzuki's 999. Either one will assure mass destruction. And you had better believe I will strap NOS on that thing the second a Kawi blows my fairings off. I learned how to ride it like a boss so that'll be a tall order sir:D

It only took the green machine 12 years to catch up.

At this point the arms race is on. Kawasaki has 1000 nukes vs Suzuki's 999. Either one will assure mass destruction. And you had better believe I will strap NOS on that thing the second a Kawi blows my fairings off. I learned how to ride it like a boss so that'll be a tall order sir:D

:lol: You are my favorite riding buddy that I never met. :cheers:

• Upvote 1

Hey, hey, hey now......Kawi's had THE bike to beat with the old KZ's, Elims, and ZX11's way back when. None of the other big 4 had anything over 'em for very long. Then the Busa dominated the late 90's thru late '05 when Kawi's 14 brought the wrath. And even moreso since they've bored another 90 cubes out of it. I'm sure Nicks as pissed as I that Kawi didn't just start with the 200hp 1441cc. Babysteps bullshit, I want my 2020 ZX20R NOW damnit!:mad:

I would absolutely love to take a spin on a Busa or zx14. Never had the chance. I would also really love to do some track days and become a better rider. I'll be the first to admit my skills leave room for improvement. Maybe ill upgrade next spring instead of replacing the 70 yr old windows in my house....and then change my avatar to me living alone under the freeway with my new bike

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

I would also really love to do some track days and become a better rider. I'll be the first to admit my skills leave room for improvement

I'm in the same boat, I KNOW there's things I'm doing wrong. But like a Busa, my 14's HP makes up for my lack of skill as well as complimentarily compensating for "other things":lol: Right Nick? Right?;):lol:

Ok, ok....sorry for jacking this thread all up MQuick. I'll stop now before Ben grabs me by the buttocks and puts me on like a new shoe

I would absolutely love to take a spin on a Busa or zx14. Never had the chance. I would also really love to do some track days and become a better rider. I'll be the first to admit my skills leave room for improvement. Maybe ill upgrade next spring instead of replacing the 70 yr old windows in my house....and then change my avatar to me living alone under the freeway with my new bike

Mid-Ohio does gift cards. Maybe a good Christmas gift from the family or lady.

Living outside would suck but that would be more people getting to see you and the king of the street big dog liter + machine. However, it would be unacceptable for the bike to stay outside with you.