fork mounted aux lights

oldschoolsdime92

Back while we were at deals gap, I met a fellow fz1 rider whom had an amazing headlight setup. She had an HID set up of some sort but she also had some fork mounted aux lights. I inquired on them, and a few months later, here we are. These things are the size of a nickel, they are LED and work wonderfully.

IMAG1648.jpg

IMAG1649.jpg

no headlight

IMAG1654.jpg

IMAG1651.jpg

from behind the light. Best picture I could get. Doesn't really do justice.

IMAG1652.jpg

the box was pretty generic, but they have an aluminum body, and seem to be very well made. Heres a pic of the box. I purchased them from her. I will see if she will give up her supplier. theres a part number on the front of the box that reads DCD01, and I have googled and googled and I can't find her supplier.

IMAG1655.jpg

EDIT: FOUND THEM!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Car-Motorcycle-White-1-5W-LED-Slim-Eagle-Eye-Daytime-Running-Light-Screw-DRL-/200810633616?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec13f1990&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190709732567#ht_6011wt_902

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

my bike is set up to use the stock turn signals as running lights, so I tied these into the third wire on the turn signal(that wasn't being used due to aftermarket signals). I may go back and change it and put them on a switch, instead of always being on, but we will see.

I just need to get headlights to back the aux lights up now! I really dislike the idea of HID's because I always hear of issues with the ballast's going bad. It would be terrible to be in the middle of no where and have your ballest go bad.

Keep a floodlight that connects to a car lighter, have a car lighter wired to the bike. :D

Backup plan

Here's a link to google shopping - sorted low to high.

There's a wide variety of wattages and assemblies.

All are made in China, so be aware that direct purchases might take a while to ship.

(And that means buy a spare or two, China stuff has a habit of burning out or breaking.)

All are sold as backup lights or daylight running lights.

The power output isn't high enough for an aux driving light.

(The pattern spread wouldn't be approved anyway.)

But I've seen a few of the multi-light strips on cars, and it does stand out.

Mounted either above or below headlights, and just running these in daylight or dusk.

Actually, it looks pretty cool. Used as daylight running lights.

edit: My plugin app shows some of the sources as places not to buy from.

Bad = AliDiscounts, ESPOW, BestCnMall, Topsellings. All others good or unknown.

Lots of unknown, website sellers are popping up everywhere.

Edited by ReconRat

haha, looking around to see what's new in LED lights.

PIAA offers a simple 3watt running light pair setup for $324, targeted at BMW.

Really nothing more than a pair of 3 dollar LEDs from somewhere else.