Wake up to this.

RFM

picture.php?albumid=728&pictureid=16517

Sad sight to see anytime a bike is on its side. :( Awesome there were several "credible" witnesses to help seal her fate as the cel phone distracted, no mirror using, skilless driver she is. Glad you faired well overall thanks to your gear!

Good thing it's on her! If she did that a couple seconds sooner, you would've had to lay it down.

Where downtown is this?

This was the corner of 4th and Gay. There's a joke in there somewhere... Went down on Gay?

• 2 weeks later...

As an update... Rebekah's insurance wants to total the bike out at $3,000, and hasn't factored in any protective gear that was affected in the accident either.

They also want all receipts of equipment that is clearly photographed on the bike, and reviewed during the adjusting phase. Just trying to waste my time. METLIFE. Steer clear of them, as it's been close to 4 weeks now, and they're still playing at it.

Metlife. Fuck em.

find the highest sales ads you can of your year bike (for example, if it's a "special edition" or factory version or what have you). if there are no private party sales ads, use dealer ads and say "sorry, couldnt find any private party". they are clearly trying to screw you so you have to respond with opposite extreme (ie, high figures) so you get a "fair" settlement.

make sure you get medical covered, since you mentioned you have aches/pains/etc. nothing would be worse than suffering from long term pain because of this accident and having to pay for it.

generally, i would consider consulting with an attorney (not necessarily hiring them, just get advice from an attorney you might know or someone else knows).

not sure how many miles you have on your bike or what year it is, but that number seems low.

Blue Book that my brother's dealership works with says $3,800 trade in, and $5,400 retail. That's without upgrades. I can understand not wanting to put full retail for an exhaust because it depreciates, but to totally negate the Ceramic coating too? I'm at over twice their figure, and yes- an attorney is involved now.:nono:

Yeah I had grange try the same thing with my Beemer when the client pulled out in front of me and totaled it. I fought and won without a lawyer. Just stick to your guns man. Their client screwed up and they need to pay up. Or you can start mentioning phrases like "negligence" and "pain and suffering" and watch them roll over.