Photos From 9-1-2012 Assfaultjunkies first track day@Putnam Park are up@ www.electri

vw151

I think a major difference between this track day and others is the majority of the people that showed up brought old beat up ex race bikes so the prospect of going down wasn't as big of a risk. Most track days I'm at are a mix of race bikes and very clean street bikes. It's a lot more expensive to wreck a brand new street trim 1199 than an untitled 2003 GSXR 750 in race plastics that has already been wrecked 2x before.

I do have to admit, this makes me a little more likely to go out in the rain and was my original mentality back when I bought my gixxer. However, now, after "been there done that" I'll stay in. It is a personal choice for sure though because you are definitely taking a risk. I agree on one hand that a little wet experience will make you a much better rider and it certainly has me, however, I personally don't have a lot of fun running around in the wet with my ass puckered going slow. I'd much rather ride in the dry and put a knee puck to the ground so at this point I'd stay in, because I don't have fun in the rain, and I don't want to take the risk of a damaged bike or personal injury when I'm not even going to have fun riding. After all to me track days are about fun, but I'm not a racer.

Edited by vw151

You should have stayed.

We have a few dry sessions towards the end of the day that made it all worth while! A buddy recorded the last session where we started from a stop on the front straight. It was a blast! I'm the Red honda with yellow plates.

Honda FTW :D

I paid well in advance and chose to stay at home and be a pussy. I feel like I missed out on a lot of fun with that choice. It seemed sensible at the time, but sensible isn't always fun. Riding in the rain doesn't seem sensible either, but it sounds like most everyone that showed up and got on track had fun.

that's your personal choice. but I think if you didn't at least do it you're a pussy.

go out there and learn how to control your bike in wet conditions. it will make you a much better rider. no one said you have to blaze around the track trying to set personal or track records in the process.

I'm a pussy who just came home from Afghanistan 3 months ago and have been on the bike for only two track days in the last month. I'm a new rider. And realistic, if anything. The last thing I want is to come home from a year of near misses, just to wreck a bike in the rain.

So if this is a pussy thing, we can meet up and sort out your definition of a pussy. Or you can shut the fuck up. I ride within my limits. Any time you care to join me in the other things I do for fun, feel free. Difference is, instead of calling you a pussy when you can't make it down a mountain snowboarding or just aren't able to keep up, I'd help you.

With all the shit I heard about AFJ, with people like you running your mouth, no wonder there is tention. Brannon turned out to be extremely helpful at the track and sociable each time I've met him or talked on here. I hardly get on here, but reading shit like " You paid, you might as well go out and ride". That's mindless. Or have you missed the several times I mentioned I was a Novice rider, for you to keep pushing that someone should just go out, no matter what. You're an idiot, see I can call names too, and the last person I would want to get bike advice from. Feel free to PM me with any issues.

• Upvote 2

I'm a pussy who just came home from Afghanistan 3 months ago and have been on the bike for only two track days in the last month. I'm a new rider. And realistic, if anything. The last thing I want is to come home from a year of near misses, just to wreck a bike in the rain.

So if this is a pussy thing, we can meet up and sort out your definition of a pussy. Or you can shut the fuck up. I ride within my limits. Any time you care to join me in the other things I do for fun, feel free. Difference is, instead of calling you a pussy when you can't make it down a mountain snowboarding or just aren't able to keep up, I'd help you.

With all the shit I heard about AFJ, with people like you running your mouth, no wonder there is tention. Brannon turned out to be extremely helpful at the track and sociable each time I've met him or talked on here. I hardly get on here, but reading shit like " You paid, you might as well go out and ride". That's mindless. Or have you missed the several times I mentioned I was a Novice rider, for you to keep pushing that someone should just go out, no matter what. You're an idiot, see I can call names too, and the last person I would want to get bike advice from. Feel free to PM me with any issues.

Deep Breaths. No one is a pussy if they don't feel like riding in the wet. It's a choice. That's it. Take the additional risk or don't. Lots of factors involved, cost or repairs, and personal injury are the main ones.

The AFJ guys are an interesting breed, but they are generally nice guys that are interested in track riding, with a bit of hillbilly flair IMO. :)

• Upvote 1

I don't fault anyone who chose not to go or not ride in the rain!

Back when I only had one bike, I wouldn't have done it!

But I have a dedicated track bike now. And nothing hones your skills at being a smother rider than riding in the rain. Many of us had rain tires and were able to run surprisingly fast in the wet! I'm just bummed I didn't bring my spare set of rims or I would have purchased a set.

Most of us had dedicated track bikes that were set up well and only got scratched when they low-sided. They just had to pull out the mud and grass and go again.

A large number of the Junkies are racers, or are considering getting into it. It was a perfect opportunity to get some wet practice in without the pressure of a race weekend. And as mentioned above, an opportunity to become a better all around rider.

Like I said before, the 22 wrecks is very misleading. The people that went down, went down 2 or 3 times each. Some on Motards that barely got scratched. Many in slippery, soft grass. Nobody was hurt, and everyone had fun! I can only think of one bike that wasn't ride able after the first drop. That was because he didn't have a spare set of rear sets.

Oh and lastly, there were 6 girl junkies that all ran in the rain. None of them went down.

intesting route you went to take my post as an insult. .:rolleyes:

Edited by serpentracer

16 People wrecked. 3 wrecked twice. Total of 19 wrecks. Oh, happy first post from me.

I can think of 5 riders that went down at least twice off the top of my head and I wasn't paying attention. I was pretty sure at least one of the motards went down 3 but I could have been getting them mixed up. Looked like at least two of them went down twice each.

Not that it really matters. :p

but I think if you didn't at least do it you're a pussy.

I didn't go out. I stated that. You just posted you didn't think I was even there. Do I over react much? No, I reacted accordingly and specifically to what you stated. Your in ability to comprehend what I posted, or even what you posted now, simply clarifies your posts are that much more meaningless to me.

I'm sure you are a good rider. I'm glad the day went well for you. I stated my differences and felt your statement of "you're there, you might as well go out", was poor advice.

Enough people have read this by now to form their own oppinion. I don't see the point in keeping this going a week after the event. As I said in my last post, if you have any issues, feel free to PM me.

have I mentioned that photos are available of those of you who did ride at www.electriceyeimages.com?

This thread has turned super dumb. So the guy is calling non rain riders a pussy. That's dumb. 2nd, another guy took it personally. Also dumb. Let's just let it go everyone. There are much bigger things to get your panties in a twist over and also much bigger things to be making sweeping pussy statements about. Buy pictures, that is what is important, from me.

-Thanks,

Joe

have I mentioned that photos are available of those of you who did ride at www.electriceyeimages.com?

This thread has turned super dumb. So the guy is calling non rain riders a pussy. That's dumb. 2nd, another guy took it personally. Also dumb. Let's just let it go everyone. There are much bigger things to get your panties in a twist over and also much bigger things to be making sweeping pussy statements about. Buy pictures, that is what is important, from me.

-Thanks,

Joe

Do you have any pictures of pussy for sale? :stirpot: