HELP: ZX6R losing power up top

Hollywood33

Ive worked for several years now with Attack performance and personally run steve rapps 08 zx6r. Never had an issue with the secondaries. I do however know for a fact that several people running the bazzaz units have had the same issue. Switch to a kit ecu. ive got all the mapping software and data cables needed if youre interested

Thats the main symptom of a fuel pump or fuel problem. Double check fuel line!

+1. Always start with the simplest stuff first. This exact same thing happened to me a few years ago when I put some old gas from a dirty can in my street bike to get home without running out. Bike ran fine up to 6,000 rpm, wouldn't go above it because the dirt in the fuel filter wouldn't let enough gas flow.

You changed the gas, but there could still be some gunk in the line, the pump or fuel filter (if there is one, I don't know on that bike).

When you make your list, start simple and work up. Nothing makes you feel stupider than tearing into an engine to look for a problem when you could have just tightened the battery cable. Not that I would ever do anything stupid like that. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got this thing fixed... finally. I switched out the fuel pump, checked all the simple stuff, no go. Eventually I narrowed it down to a bad coil. Got some new (used) ones, put some new spark plugs in for good measure, and she runs like a bat out of hell now! Ready to tear it up at Pitt Race this weekend! Thanks for the help, everyone.