Health Care in One Sentence!

buildit

I agree! As long as they are paying the EXACT tax percentage I do! And no, you can't write off your Ferrari as a company vehicle.

To make them the exact same as yours would be lowering the tax brackets on the rich, not raising them. The tax is progressive, the more you make the more you pay in both dollars and percentage.

Now, what you might be thinking of is income tax verses capital gains taxes, where the tax rate is much lower on investment income. But, this is the gaping hole in the logic of the liberals and rich-haters. Income from investment is subject to risk, and thus it is patently unfair and counter-productive to tax it at income levels....namely because it hurts investment which drives all the jobs that us normal people do. Go after that, and the poor and middle class suffer even more, because if you tax my investments hard, I'll stop investing as much or do it overseas.

GOP healthcare in one sentence..

"Let poor people die."

So before we had modern health insurance all the poor people died?

News to me.

Seems like back before fucked up HMO's and burdensome government meddling fucked the whole system up the poor people could afford a doctor's visit, and health insurance was for emergencies not oil changes.

What the hell, let's just tax those mean rich people and pay for Javier's 12 anchor babies...all future Democrats.

News to me.

Seems like back before fucked up HMO's and burdensome government meddling fucked the whole system up the poor people could afford a doctor's visit, and health insurance was for emergencies not oil changes.

What the hell, let's just tax those mean rich people and pay for Javier's 12 anchor babies...all future Democrats.

"has this joke been made yet? BBC adaptation of Breaking Bad, Walt gets cancer and then just receives free hi-quality treatment for 5 seasons"

This isn't posted in the "Politics" section on the site. I can only assume its because the OP is illiterate.

Funny, but oh so true! :D

Not illiterate and not ill. Just a mater of I can laugh and call it comedy or I can cry and go insane. :rolleyes: This sudden push for to drag those who do well down to the level of those who are incompetent. :nono:

News to me.

You have a valid point. Who's to blame for the rise of the HMO?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Maintenance_Organization_Act_of_1973

Interesting. Who was in office and signed that legislation in 1973? Right, Nixon.

I appreciate your agreeing that the current state of healthcare in the US is fucked up.

Uhhhh....he backed up what I said, he did not refute it. He is also a hypocritical fucktard of the first order for complaining about the advantages he willfully set up for himself and then takes advantage of.

Nice try tho.

You have a valid point. Who's to blame for the rise of the HMO?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Maintenance_Organization_Act_of_1973

Interesting. Who was in office and signed that legislation in 1973? Right, Nixon.

I appreciate your agreeing that the current state of healthcare in the US is fucked up.

Are you assuming me to be a line-toting Republican? You'd be wrong, and Nixon was a fucking idiot.

If the HMO industry is one side of the corrupt, awful state of our healthcare, the other is the bloated, well-meaning and clueless government....and the worst offenders have been liberals in creating overwhelmingly burdensome regulations, laws and tort issues that cripple healthcare.

Both R's and D's suck donkey dick, on this issue.

So what do you suggest? I don't know much about this stuff, but maybe we need to wipe out everything and start from scratch as far as healthcare laws and tax laws are concerned. Currently, the laws are crazy complex and full of loopholes, so I have read on the interwebz. Maybe if we start from the ground up, we can create a much better system without all the problems?

So what do you suggest? I don't know much about this stuff, but maybe we need to wipe out everything and start from scratch as far as healthcare laws and tax laws are concerned. Currently, the laws are crazy complex and full of loopholes, so I have read on the interwebz. Maybe if we start from the ground up, we can create a much better system without all the problems?

Sounds like insurrection! The PC police are on their way. :rolleyes:

Heh, I didn't say the constitution or the government, I just meant the specific laws that govern taxes and healthcare.

Never work. To many lawyers embedded with the guberment. ;) They have ensured that all parts are so intertwined no one part can be removed without the whole house of cards coming down. This is another reason Obama care will fail. They have already started exploiting the loopholes to increase profits.:(