Dayton/Surrounding- KIL-KARE speedway and dragway may close!

NinjaNick

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/greene_county/what-to-do-about-kil-kare-speedway#.UEk5HKBcjhI

For the record, I hate Xenia, I was only born there and moved at 12 thank god! :lol:

I hope they tell the residents to stfu! I was born in Xenia and remember being a little boy listening to the sounds of the cars and bikes echoing throughout the city in the evenings. I LOVED IT! Then as I grew up I really enjoyed watching the races and appreciated having a place to go fast locally. Now they are thinking about closing it because of the local trash that had a little gang fight there earlier this year. They are claiming the noise and the fight I was told.

Just let the history of it be! Little side note, here is how the name of it came to be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kil-Kare_Raceway

Also, here is the little fags fighting that caused a stir too. What a bunch of punks.

Edited by NinjaNick

reading the comments, that fight led to someone getting killed? or am i missing something? sounds like someone got into a road rage incident afterwards and wrecked the other car, killing a kid?

not that its relevant for the future of kilkare, obviously. idk why that shit matters.

**edit...found a news story about it...apparently the kid in the blue getting his ass beat wrecked his car drunk with a couple passengers, killing a friend of the kids beating on him...guess hes being charged with vehicular manslaughter, and two of the guys in the video beating on him are getting assault charges

Edited by Steve Butters

They used the fight in the commercial for it on the news is why I mentioned it, but the article says residents are tired of the noise. Gawd.

I bet street racing gets even bigger then if they close it. More deaths, more news headlines about illegal racing, etc, etc... :nono:

Figures......finally get back there after 20 years and now there's talk of shutdown. Fuckin' blows :nono: We need 30 guys with weadeaters, mowers, tractors, a couple pavers, and $500k to get Pences back up and running.......who's in?

I dont know if any of you that were there last friday noticed the scuffle that was brewing behind the bleachers. Chest bumping and pushing till the Sheriff stepped in. It blows my mind how some people dont grow out of the "I'm gonna kick this motherfuckers ass right now" over some dumbshit. I dont know what started it but surely it wasnt enough to be willing to throw down right infront of the Deputy.:nono:

On a side note KilKare is not a posted CPZ.:D

Edited by 20thGix

Figures......finally get back there after 20 years and now there's talk of shutdown. Fuckin' blows :nono: We need 30 guys with weadeaters, mowers, tractors, a couple pavers, and $500k to get Pences back up and running.......who's in?

I have the weedeater if you have the 500K.:D

They are stupid if they get rid of it too, because they have nothing in that town anymore. They closed their bowling alley, skating rink, public pool, theatre, and now maybe this?! Kids are already getting REALLY bad with their idle hands I've been told by some parents because there is nothing too do in that town.

seems like kilkare needs to start enforcing a no-alcohol policy....and by enforcing, i mean actually having peopel removed from the grounds for being under the influence....alcohol has no place at a driving event anyways

Exactly. I say if you're there and you wanna get high, then pay the $15 and rape your bike 1320 ft. at a time.....damn drunks, gtfo

Same, same. I don't drink at all when riding, and feel NO need for it when I'm just there hanging out watching folks ride. The noise thing shouldn't even be able to be used against them, that place has been running for decades now.....and all of a sudden it's too noisy and a few fights will shut the place down? I hope they fight it to the bitter end if it does end up in the courts.

I dont remember what its like at a regular race event but i though it was odd the amount of people they allow in the staging lane up to the track. I mean you had to weave thru kids on bicycles, small children walking across the path and just general spectators. You would think there would be some type of crosswalk and a sidewalk for people to walk down. A couple times i had to give people the ol "vroom vroom". Make a hole bitches im coming thru. Even at the end of the track after you turn around a couple times someone would be walking in the road back to the pits. Seems like an accident waiting to happen. Or happen again.

Friends of mine live just down the road and just received a notice today of a zoning hearing concerning KilKare. Apparently they want to have a meeting because the land it is on is zoned agricultural. Seems like if Xenia wants it closed they will find lots of reasons to do so, even if it results in more kids street racing and getting killed on the roads. IMHO, Xenia is trying to become a upscale Yellow Springs because they are dumping a lot of money into zoning issues and public works projects while ignoring needs of business owners and long time residents. I mean how many hardly used bike trails does Xenia need?