Dayton/Surrounding- KIL-KARE speedway and dragway may close!

NinjaNick

Well thats some good news

Damn that place is old (older than I thought it was)

year is the 60th anniversary season of racing at the facility that staged its first season of auto racing in 1952. Kil-Kare opened in 1951 as a fifth-mile dirt track. A drag strip was added in August 1959.

reading the comments, that fight led to someone getting killed? or am i missing something? sounds like someone got into a road rage incident afterwards and wrecked the other car, killing a kid?

not that its relevant for the future of kilkare, obviously. idk why that shit matters.

**edit...found a news story about it...apparently the kid in the blue getting his ass beat wrecked his car drunk with a couple passengers, killing a friend of the kids beating on him...guess hes being charged with vehicular manslaughter, and two of the guys in the video beating on him are getting assault charges

That's not the complete story. The guy on the receiving end of all that wrecked the car(drunk), his friend was alive when the driver took off and left him to die. Supposedly he got scared and ran away. The police had been looking for the guy for awhile but were unable to locate him. He showed up at the dragstrip a week or two later. Some of the deceased guys family members and friends were at the track. They spotted him and then all hell broke loose. That fight would have happened wherever they found the guy. It just happened to be at the track.

The guy whining about the track recently moved to the area. Apparently he didn't realize there had been a dragstrip there since the 1950's....

That's not the complete story. The guy on the receiving end of all that wrecked the car(drunk), his friend was alive when the driver took off and left him to die. Supposedly he got scared and ran away. The police had been looking for the guy for awhile but were unable to locate him. He showed up at the dragstrip a week or two later. Some of the deceased guys family members and friends were at the track. They spotted him and then all hell broke loose. That fight would have happened wherever they found the guy. It just happened to be at the track.

The guy whining about the track recently moved to the area. Apparently he didn't realize there had been a dragstrip there since the 1950's....

I did not know that he left the guy. Some though in the comments are claiming many involved, including themselves, are in some East Dayton gang.

If it does close down i know of another place. Its called Charter St. Dragway.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=94016&highlight=drag+racing

:trollface:

Lmao. :lol:

Don't forget about the boneyard

I'd rather put the tip of my dick on the grinding wheel at work. :lol:

I asked about it when it happened back in May (I think). Someone in the know with all that stuff filled me in. That's the story as it was relayed to me.

Next year race with me on the track man. It would be nice to see how I measure up and get some tips. Nice meeting you btw. :cheers:

I asked about it when it happened back in May (I think). Someone in the know with all that stuff filled me in. That's the story as it was relayed to me.
Next year race with me on the track man. It would be nice to see how I measure up and get some tips. Nice meeting you btw. :cheers:

No doubt, 2fat2fly is my new answerman for all things fast. Good meeting you Mike, good 1/4 & mile talk