WDTV Live

Hoblick

bought an appleTV, so i dont need this anymore.

WDTV live lets you play pretty much any media file you can throw at it. its updateable, 1080P output.

has USB input, or you can connect it via your home network and stream movies, music, whatever.

very small, so it doenst take any room up.

comes with remote and power cord.

only thing youll need is an HDMI cord and your ready to rock (didnt come with an HDMI cable with it new)

someone bring me $45 and take it home

I know very little about these but have been getting curious lately and want to look into them.

so I can stream anything from my computer in the office to my tv downstairs through this. Say I have some movies on the hard drive that can be done?

the newer verson you can. I don't know about the older version. I have the newer streaming player.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/homeentertainment/mediaplayers/

if you have windows 7 you have to share the whole drive for it to work. or have copies of everything you want to share in the shared folders.

Edited by serpentracer

You can share anything off your home pc as long as its on the network, and is a shared folder.

You just have yo set things up. I had a 500gb hard drive that was plugged into my router, I stamped from it, or off my videos from my laptop. Or I would use a 32gb flash drive to just plug into he back of the wdtv live