"bestlap" laptimer

RHill

anyone tried one?

only thing I care is that it is compatible with the transmitters that are being used and I can scroll through the times from the previous session and maybe throw them into an excel table.

I have found one review that is concerning about compatibility with new versions of the XT transmitters. I'm not sure if it makes sense though, are the old XT timers non-compatible with the new transmitters? http://tracktalk.nesba.com/archive/index.php/t-22459.html

most info I have found

http://www.sumomoto.com/bestlap.htmv

I know the best option is to go with the real deal, just interested in alternatives before dropping >$100 on something.

Pretty much the same thing I'm going through. Looked around for a Ultra-lap xt during lunch today, but didnt find anything. Spotted the knock off Moto-D/BestLap timer last night, but didn't really look into it. Tried some searching today can't find concrete reviews of the damn thing.

It says it is compatible with the ultra-lap xt transmitter, but IDK if ultra-lap changed anything when they upgraded their unit?

Jeff is right. A little patients is all that's needed. You have to consider the fact that the season is going to be coming to an end soon (I know, it sucks) and you'll more than likely find a lot of stuff available as guys will either take the next year off, get out of the sport, etc.

In that case,I'll sell you my bike,lap timer and trailer for 4000.00 !

I guess you had all the abuse you can take about being a blind novice?

Don't need a laptimer that bad, plus I don't want to take away everyone's fun.

Support an American company and buy an XT. I guess if you're buying used it doesn't really matter, but if your MotoD/Bestlap timer breaks, good luck getting it fixed. I can say from personal experience XT has awesome customer service. If you throw your XT timer in a blender, run it over with a truck, and throw it off a cliff, they'll fix it and usually pretty cheap. If they can't fix it, they usually have refurbished units you can buy at a huge discount. Ask Jbot, he got a refurb for $75 when they couldn't fix his old ass lap timer.

^ assuming I can keep up

Maybe I'll just use my gopro and go frame by frame to figure out when the start/finish line disappears.

It's more of a curiosity thing I guess. Seeing the times probably wont do jack at this point...focusing on references, lines and consistency would probably help the most, then worry about variations to cut time.

Edited by RHill

Honestly, the reasons to have one are endless, especially if you want to get serious. Here's why;

1)They record EVERYTHING, weather temp, humidity(I think), date, time, track name, etc. Then you can download that or be cheap like me and just write it in a book.

2)How do you ever know if you are truly improving without it? I know from personal experience, some of my fastest times have been my easiest laps and some of my worst times have been my hardest rode laps

3)People will always try to one up each other, it's human nature. With a lap timer, unless it's not working right(rare I would think as they aren't a space shuttle, but simple electronics), there is no room for argument. They state right there what you just ran, end of story.

4)If you are serious about racing or advancing you just flat out need one, if not, you honestly will never know when to move up groups, or when to move down if needed.

There's more, but that's good for now. Honestly, don't get one now, it's the end of the season, 2 months AT MOST of ride time left in OH. So just check WERA, STT, Nesba, here, in 1 month + and you will get a GOOD XT for less than 150 shipped. I guarantee it.