"bestlap" laptimer

RHill

LOL you are too funny!! That isn't serious right? That doesn't give you accurate lap times at all, I mean if you figure that 1-2 maybe 3+ seconds is accurate, but in a game in thousandths it isnt. Think about how many times you are focused on passing someone on the straight at the flag stand, or the back straight, or kink, or whatever you are using as the marker to try to fidget around and hit start stop, there is no way it's clicked at the same time every time.

Then again, if it is just for track days and messing around on the track, whatever floats your boat. But in the end that is extremely dangerous in my eyes, when riding at pace, all there should be going on in your mind is that, riding at pace. Not messing around trying to find a button that is smaller than the tip of a finger.

In the end, sure, it will work, but again, every lap will be off anything that would be considered accurate.

NOTE to those starting off and whoever started the thread, skip 1 track day and buy a lap timer, or ask for one for Christmas, it's way safer and smarter. If you don't want to get an XT, get on motoD or whatever the website is that sells their brand for like 75bux including a beacon. They post in the Wera classifieds all the time about their stuff and people never complain on their undersuits, warmers, or lap timers.

Yeah, Im not trying to be a c*ck, may seem like I was, but I wasn't. More than anything out there, I care about everyones safety, including anyone racing against me. I just would hate to see someone moving around on the track or on their bike, miss a braking marker, and game over. Plows someone, gets plowed, or at Mid O, runs straight in Turn 1, or down the back straight into a sand trap and wad something and theirselves up.

No, not a c*ck. D*ckhead, maybe.

It came off harsh, but let's think about this, you've run Mid O right? Front straight, beacon is pretty much at flag stand on front straight, I would assume that's the point where most would "start" a lap. On the front straight, how mnay times have you blew by or been blown by? Would you want someone messing with a watch while they do that, or would you want to be wondering in your head as you go to pass someone and set up to brake for T1 if they are? I wouldnt.

Remember what Quentin say's every MS even, safety first.

From the sound of the shower situation, some people here seem to enjoy a little ass packing.

So you actually use the lap button? I would think someone would have asked wtf you were doing taking a hand off the clip on every lap.

I have owned an old XT and an old AIM.

Currently still have the AIM.

Both have worked at every track day I have been to with what ever transmitter was posted on the wall.

You should be able to pick a used one up for $125 or less.

What I like about the XT over the AIM is it uses normal Batteries you can pick up anywhere. The AIM uses expensive round batteries. But they last for ever.