Concrete driveway repair

Coyote

stop using rock salt on it. it will litterally make little spots pop off the surface. I watched it do it one day at my house. I always heard about it and never had any issues until this one day and I could stand there and hear it poping and watched all the little chips flying up from it. craziest shit I ever seen.

Edited by serpentracer

Thanks for the input

Shadyone: Yeah, it's probably more of a haul to get here than it's worth. Have never bothered doing anything with sealing and/or power-washing...Which is most probably why we have some degradation.

We have what looks like a void beneath the concrete might have given way where a rear tire of my truck usually ends up, and a section at the junction of the driveway and the street has broken into several large chunks. And of course, just on front of the garage door where it does freeze/thaw more frequently than any other part of the driveway it has disintegrated into gravel. It looks like that may have already been repaired once before

We have rarely treated the driveway with any type of de-icer or salt (except for the steps...) Oddly enough, most of this happened during/after a winter in which I don't recollect having any snow even stick to the pavement.

cmh_sprint: Thanks, I'll shoot tbutera2112 a pm...

I think last winter was especially rough because we got rain and cold which runs a freeze thaw almost every day as opposed to a cold snowy winter that goes through one every week.

I'd call up Deco-Crete Supply. They have a new location in Columbus and see who they recommend for flexkrete. 614-253-3326

FlexKrete has been used on many roadways and bridges across the USA and can be driven on in as little as an hour. Also holds up for longer than th base concrete itself.

Jbot -- you can call Deco-Crete Orrville Ohio location and ask the same. They maybe close enough to you to know.

330-682-5678

Edited by shadyone