I set off work alarm.

idodishez

Went to the office of the company I work for today. (rarely go into the office, I'm a field tech). Saw employees car out front so assumed they were in there. Unlocked door w my key. No ones there, alarm is set. Having never had to use alarm code before I didnt know it by heart and had to go back to my car to get the card w code on it. Too late, alarm went off. Luckily I apparently got it turned off turned off quick enough to keep the monitoring company from callong or the popo to be dispatched.

So this got me thinking... I was already envisioning popo being dispatched. Meanwhile, I was carrying. So am I making too much out of this? Or could the fact that I was carrying in a building that just set an intrusion alarm have turned out really bad when popo showed up?

Nobama 2012

Our employees do it often. Last time i was going in as popo pulled up. I explained i worked there and i was sure it was an employee and they left. I never showed my work id, or told them my name. They took my word! Guess it would depend on the cop and location

:lol:

Just identify yourself as an employee and an armed CHL holder when the police arrive.

This^^

A manage an alarm company and this is correct.

Also I have called out officers that just take peoples word as to who they are. They should be checking IDs and recording them just in case the business owners call in later to report stuff missing.

I've set a few off by mistake. Ok if I remember my pass code, not so good if I don't.

I call MY police department and tell them what I did. They shut it off for me.

Still freakin' embarrassing... especially if they laugh.

edit: even better, I was working in a small warehouse, and didn't know the alarm AUTO SET by itself at 6pm. I hear this beeping at the keypad, ............ wut? Very loud alarm goes off. You have to run outside to be able to make the phone call...

Edited by ReconRat