MSF course completed!!

TheBrown57

I did my MSF on a 125cc dirt bike. I could do figure-8s all day long on that thing because I could just shift my weight and counterbalance.

Then I got on my Suzuki Volusia and immediately had the turning circle of an Oil Tanker.

Yeah it was weird going from riding this for 5 hours

Suzuki%20DR200%2086.jpg

and then jumping back on my zx9. Needless to say the first few miles home were me doing some weaving in my lane to get used to the handling of the 9

:lol:

I did my MSF on a 125cc dirt bike. I could do figure-8s all day long on that thing because I could just shift my weight and counterbalance.

Then I got on my Suzuki Volusia and immediately had the turning circle of an Oil Tanker.

:lol: yep! Went from the dual sport to the big Honda Shadow! Big difference

I took mine in 2004. I'd say I learned from the slow figure 8, but use 2 fingers on clutch, especially on sport bikes. Got to keep that grip on the bar when under full power. I can't believe they teach 4 fingers. About 1 week after, guys that have amazing riding skills told me to forget that 4 finger crap if you ever want to be a good rider. I realized why they told me that after I started doing 2 fingers only. It's a good basic class but very outdated. Now that you have basics down, buy a 2pc suit and just do 1 track day in the beginners group and you learn to handle your bike so well it's ridiculous. Do it! ;) Just once is better than nothing. I did a track day after 2 seasons and I swear it taught me things about me and my bike I would never learn without the professionals or on the street. I apply what they taught me subconsciously every time I ride.

Edited by NinjaNick

I took mine in 2004. I'd say I learned from the slow figure 8, but use 2 fingers on clutch, especially on sport bikes. Got to keep that grip on the bar when under full power. I can't believe they teach 4 fingers. About 1 week after, guys that have amazing riding skills told me to forget that 4 finger crap if you ever want to be a good rider. I realized why they told me that after I started doing 2 fingers only. It's a good basic class but very outdated. Now that you have basics down, buy a 2pc suit and just do 1 track day in the beginners group and you learn to handle your bike so well it's ridiculous. Do it! ;) Just once is better than nothing. I did a track day after 2 seasons and I swear it taught me things about me and my bike I would never learn without the professionals or on the street. I apply what they taught me subconsciously every time I ride.

Been toying with the idea believe me lol

Finished it today! Now I can ride with out worries of my temps getting me in trouble. I am scared at the thought of some of the people in my class are going be on the road. Plan on doing the ARC next year.

Hahaha I agree. I took the returning rider class and there was one lady that shouldn't be on two wheels, the rest were (I'm not joking with you) were all old men that had their licenses revoked for some reason or another, drunk riding what have you, I was the only sport bike rider and the youngest. Needless to say I was the only one that came out with a perfect score on a type of bike I was not comfortable on at first lol. But seriously, some people shouldn't be allowed back on two wheels.. Or allowed on 2 wheels at all (that one lady). Glad that class was about an hour away and most of the people in the class were locals lol.

Sent from my iPhone