Jack-ass decides not to stop...

jdonn

I'll get on my soapbox for a minute here and say that we really need to tighten up the driving regulations here - I'm a firm believer in yearly driving and written exams, or at the minimum, a driving and written exam every four years when you renew your license. I also think the focus for LEO enforcement needs to shift from speed to distracted/erratic driving. I'm the first person to stand up for civil liberties, but driving is a privilege, not a right. And improper use of a motor vehicle can have deadly consequences.

That is all.

Imagine world where there are red light cameras, stop sign cameras, yield cameras, cameras on freeway overpasses that can detect tailgaters etc, and all tie to to your driver's license. Commit enough violations and your license is automatically suspended.

And/or...

Electronic devices built into each car that communicate with each other - when a near-miss happens the devices use lane position, intersection types, signal status, speed and other data to determine who was responsible for the near-miss (could be both drivers) and penalize the at-fault driver(s) with a one-day license suspension.

Could you imagine how much safe driving would be if EVERYONE complied with the law?

I mean, you can be scared of a future with cameras and reject this idea, if you like, but then you just get cut off on a daily basis by people breaking driving laws.

Imagine world where there are red light cameras, stop sign cameras, yield cameras, cameras on freeway overpasses that can detect tailgaters etc, and all tie to to your driver's license. Commit enough violations and your license is automatically suspended.

And/or...

Electronic devices built into each car that communicate with each other - when a near-miss happens the devices use lane position, intersection types, signal status, speed and other data to determine who was responsible for the near-miss (could be both drivers) and penalize the at-fault driver(s) with a one-day license suspension.

Could you imagine how much safe driving would be if EVERYONE complied with the law?

I mean, you can be scared of a future with cameras and reject this idea, if you like, but then you just get cut off on a daily basis by people breaking driving laws.

I'd rather be cut off than anally probed via electronics. I don't think it's the breaking of driving laws as much as it is a lack of courtesy or awareness. It's hard to write a ticket for asshole. All that technology will be used against us eventually. There is a documentary on it called The Terminator.

However, I do vote to dispatch an Apache helicopter to shoot rubber bullets at rubberneckers that cause a traffic jam for an accident that happened across the freeway.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

And/or...

that sounds like a really really terrible idea.

People drive their cars like idiots in my subdivision.

Happens all the time to me in my neighborhood too, usually when I'm in

my work van. I use to stop or swerve while horning them, it's happened

so many times to me that I don't think I'll stop anymore or try to avoid them,

the only way to teach them a less will be to let them slam into the front of my van.

Won't bother me a bit since I run a dashcam in my van now and they will be at fault

for running the stop sign, and it's a company van ;)

It's hard to write a ticket for asshole.

You're not ticking someone from being an a-h, you're ticketing them for breaking a driving law. If they didn't break a driving law then how are they being an a-h?

Well, there's your extremes. You either accept that people drive like crap and do thing about it, or you build an enforcement system to guarantee every violation is punished. Neither is apparently palatable, so the next option is? :confused:

Neither is apparently palatable, so the next option is? :confused:

Bitching about it on OR:thumbup:

We'll never change stupidity and we'll never legislate manners, common sense, or enforce the law in many cases. So we gripe about it, feel better, and try not to get run over on the drive home.

Some states are starting to get stop sign cameras now. You have to stay at the sign behind the crosswalk for 5 complete seconds.

I'm so sick of cameras. I don't care how dangerous roads are, I don't want them in my world!

5 seconds? Some scaremongering in there I think. :rolleyes:

Got to watch that. Permits to carry protect us. I wouldn't be chasing people down or try to go up to their car all pissed off. That could get you shot over nothing, but a close call. :dunno: Just a little friendly advice that road rage should be a thing of the past unless you have a death wish.

I didn't aproach her car in anger... I wasn't going to make matters worst by turning into the asshole. Instead, without yelling or getting off the bike, I simply asked her if she knew that was a stop sign. Like I said before, this is about 6 houses from MY house and all I thought of was, what if my 2 small children were playing and she hit them. That's what upset me. I didn't yell and I did not belittle her. Also, if I was to make a mistake and someone wanted to point it out to me, I'm not going brandish my gun... If they seem angry enough to be stupid, well... I wouldn't stop. Also, I record all my rides so if she had pulled a gun on my well, she'd be fucked. Nothing I did showed any form of aggression so... Completely unwarrents displaying a gun or other means of self defense.

This happens to me just about every time I ride. There is an apartment complex about a mile away and it's almost guaranteed that a person will pull out in front of me. I anticipate it, so if I see a car there I'm already letting off the throttle. Then it happens, I just shake my head and move on. People are crazy out there and you have no idea what they will try to do. It's not worth it to get angry and confrontational.

It's getting bad out there - I'm a mess driving in a cage - part of the reason I sold my bikes... just can't trust central Ohio drivers.

+1. I had so many close calls last year - some of them were "if that had been a hair different I'd be dead" moments, plus the deer, I just said fuck it and sold the street bike. Dirt or dual sporting for me from here on out.

Love bikes, but I don't want to die.

Not sure how long you've been riding....but you should always ride as if EVERYONE other than you is out there trying to KILL you. Treat every other vehicle and person as a potential death threat....cause they are. I trust NO ONE nor anything to do the right thing....in fact I expect them to do the wrong thing. imho

^^^this^^^

Sent from my iPhone

I was coming into Sidney the other day on St Rt 29 doing around 60mph, as im passing the low income housing unit, i believe its called Hill top, a douchwaffle in a purple dodge caravan pulled out on me, I swearved and passed him fine, i did give him the single finger salute as i passed. Well he decided to tail gate me at less then 6 feet as i was unable to see his headlights in my mirror and all i could see was the center of his grill and hood. As i come to the stop light at Brooklyn Ave I was close to the center line and he moves up next to me on the right. Hes cussing me out and said I had plent of time to slow, I turned to him, opened the face on my helmet and told him, im sure glad I wasnt his kid, because one of these days hes gonna see his father get the shit kicked out of him, or he was gonna see his father get arrested for wreckless op or vehicular man slaughter. Thats when he starts to reach out the window at me as the light turned green. I pulled off and the guy decided to follow me screaming at me, tailgating, and honking his horn.

I road around the square 2 times waiting for a cop to show up and sure enough right on cue, I turned onto south ohio and a cop pulls in back of him. We get to the light the guy is still pulling the same shit on me, the cop pulled up next to me and asked me what the problem was, i stated to the the cop what had happened, he had me pull off in a parking lot and had the guy follow. The dumbass decides hes going to admit to what he did and admitted that he had grabbed for me. Cop asked me if i wanted to press charges for assault and threats. I told him no all i wanted to do was to continue on my ride and so i did. I seen the guy about 2 hours later he gave me the finger and shouted something about a wreckless op ticket.

I was coming into Sidney the other day on St Rt 29 doing around 60mph, as im passing the low income housing unit, i believe its called Hill top, a douchwaffle in a purple dodge caravan pulled out on me, I swearved and passed him fine, i did give him the single finger salute as i passed. Well he decided to tail gate me at less then 6 feet as i was unable to see his headlights in my mirror and all i could see was the center of his grill and hood. As i come to the stop light at Brooklyn Ave I was close to the center line and he moves up next to me on the right. Hes cussing me out and said I had plent of time to slow, I turned to him, opened the face on my helmet and told him, im sure glad I wasnt his kid, because one of these days hes gonna see his father get the shit kicked out of him, or he was gonna see his father get arrested for wreckless op or vehicular man slaughter. Thats when he starts to reach out the window at me as the light turned green. I pulled off and the guy decided to follow me screaming at me, tailgating, and honking his horn.

I road around the square 2 times waiting for a cop to show up and sure enough right on cue, I turned onto south ohio and a cop pulls in back of him. We get to the light the guy is still pulling the same shit on me, the cop pulled up next to me and asked me what the problem was, i stated to the the cop what had happened, he had me pull off in a parking lot and had the guy follow. The dumbass decides hes going to admit to what he did and admitted that he had grabbed for me. Cop asked me if i wanted to press charges for assault and threats. I told him no all i wanted to do was to continue on my ride and so i did. I seen the guy about 2 hours later he gave me the finger and shouted something about a wreckless op ticket.

Wow what an asshat. You'll get that around the Hilltop sometimes. Glad to hear the law got in the mix before it got ugly. You have some self control my friend.