Nephew down...

r1crusher

...I just got a call from my mother that my nephew was rear ended this morning some time on his bike. Early reports are that he has a compound fracture of an arm, some stuff broken in his back, and a good bit of rash (I'm assuming he wasn't wearing his jacket). I was told he was wearing his helmet though so I'm glad I beat that into his thick skull early in his riding. My sister (his mom) is flying down to Florida at 3pm today. He should be out of surgery by the time she arrives around 6pm so hopefully we'll all get some more news then.

And to top it all off....today is his 27th birthday.

:(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys....and gals. Sister should be there soon and I hope to hear from her on how he's doing and get more information if possible on the jacktard that wasn't paying attention.

And Brian, I'm sure he'd love a shirt. I'll find out a size and let ya know.

UPDATE:

Didn't get a call but got a text from my sister. She says he's torn up pretty good. Surgery on his arm obviously, some steel and screws for that. Bad road rash on his arms and legs. Left big toe dislocated. Don't know much about his spine yet but she was told he can move by the staff but she's not seen him move yet. He's in a lot of pain. She also said he has a scrape on his head but he was wear his helmet so not sure how that one got there.

Will hopefully get another update tomorrow. Doesn't sound like he's going to be mobile very soon.