Teknic Xcelerator Suit - On Sale for just $679!

RidersDiscount

A new Teknic Xcelerator suit is coming soon for 2013, so it’s time to start clearing out what we have left of the original. Get yours now for just $679 shipped anywhere in the lower 48! This more than $600 off the retail price of $1299, so don’t miss out!

This deal is not available on our website, so be sure to give Nathan a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 809 if you’re interested. You can also feel free to send a PM through the forum, or send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with “Teknic Xcelerator Sale” in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away!

Teknic Xcelerator suits are made with a combination of 50% Brazilian cowhide and 50% kangaroo leather. These two different types of leather are designed to provide excellent abrasion resistance and light-weight for maximum protection. The entire leather suit is built around the rider’s needs with Kevlar flex panels in the arms and stretch Cordura panels in the legs to accommodate a wide range of uninhibited motion without sacrificing safety. Seams are put together using Teknic Advanced Seam Construction (TASC) which provides additional rows of stitching below the outer exposed seam reducing the likelihood of two pieces coming apart. This is especially critical in areas where contact with pavement is inevitable in a fall and, to further avoid the risk of seam failure, the shoulders are reinforced on the outside with Teknic Airblade armor with aluminum inserts and aluminum elbow sliders. An added benefit of the Airblade CE-approved shoulder protection is the ventilation aspect as the hollowed-out armor directs air into the suit.

Inside the Teknic suit, you’ll find CE-approved armor in the elbows and knee/shins that’s adjustable for perfect positioning thanks to a hook and loop attachment schema. Each piece of armor has two hinge points built-in, further aiding ease of movement while the tapered edges make them less noticeable to begin with. In terms of protection, each piece of the included CE-approved armor exceeded EC1621.1 thresholds by 30%! CE-approved armor is also available to be fitted into the chest pockets. Further looking after protection is an extra layer of cowhide on the shoulders, elbows, knees, aerodynamic hump and seat. Even the accordion stretch panel at the back of the suit has an extra curtain sewn into its inner side to impart extra abrasion protection.

teknic_xcelerator_1pc_suit_js-1.jpg

teknic_xcelerator_1pc_suit_js-2.jpg

teknic_xcelerator_1pc_suit_js-4.jpg

teknic_xcelerator_1pc_suit_js-5.jpg

I wouldnt go with it as kangaroo leather doesnt stand up as well when it gets wet, so if you ride in the rain it might not stand up as well as cowhide. course that was years ago and im sure changes in the process have made it more durable. big advantage it has is itll be lighter then standard leather

Im really looking at the Speed and Strength Twist of Fate 2.0 suit. really nice price if you do the home work on the different sites.

Edited by Gunner75

Well in the past ive been told that Kangaroo when it gets wet it tends to fall apart more readily then cowhide. Now as i said this was a few years ago, 2005 if i remember right.

As far as the S&S gear im a huge fan of it all as it seems to be priced better and offer as good of protection as other competitors. I Like the styling of their gear, and all my current gear is all S&S gear, cept for my riding jeans, those are Cortech DSX riding jeans. Ive contemplated looking at a full suit since I really want to do a track day next year at Mid Ohio, im just trying to convince my wife into allowing me to spend the cash. So far Ive added up at least 1500, thats including the suit and a hotel for the weekend. Thats not counting the cost of tires and if anything breaks.

I'm not sure what source that was from but plain and simple it's not true. I've crash tested a Teknic soaking wet roo suit with no signs of it falling apart. You can forget about that rumor.

I do have the S/S 2.0 suit, PM what size you're after and I'll get you forum pricing.

Well in the past ive been told that Kangaroo when it gets wet it tends to fall apart more readily then cowhide. Now as i said this was a few years ago, 2005 if i remember right.

As far as the S&S gear im a huge fan of it all as it seems to be priced better and offer as good of protection as other competitors. I Like the styling of their gear, and all my current gear is all S&S gear, cept for my riding jeans, those are Cortech DSX riding jeans. Ive contemplated looking at a full suit since I really want to do a track day next year at Mid Ohio, im just trying to convince my wife into allowing me to spend the cash. So far Ive added up at least 1500, thats including the suit and a hotel for the weekend. Thats not counting the cost of tires and if anything breaks.

Soo.... really you have no first hand experience with roo skin and you really don't know what you are talking about... lol :nono:

I have never had issues with any roo skin getting wet on anything I've owned.