CCW class in Central OH

NateBob

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a CCW permit around Columbus? My immediate thought is Aim-Hi in New Albany just because I'm a member there but I have heard mixed reviews about the class and it's on the expensive side. What do you guys think?

Matt Kissel

614-402-5558

mattkissel@sbcglobal.net

Steve Bohnert

614-562-0582

runandgun101@gmail.com

Email one of these guys and ask when there next available class is.

They run a great class and you get to do some shooting at the range that is a little more than just your basic standing straight on a target and hitting your 12" paper.

I learned a lot from them but was still extremely new to shooting at the time. Go into it open minded and you'll walk away with some new information.

I wasn't dreading the classroom time either while I was in there. It's an interactive class.

Your classroom is at Krav Maga so you're only 10 min away from the Gahanna location. Range day is at Briar Rabbit. It's a bit of a drive but a great range to visit!

I just checked out the armed2defend site and it turns out they have a class for tomorrow so I just signed up! Good timing and for $80 it sounds like a great deal considering he gets good reviews from you guys. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Went to the armed2defend class on Saturday and I have no complaints. It was very well done and very informative. I would absolutely recommend them. If anyone else is interested, they handed out cards for $5 off that I would be happy to give to whoever was planning on taking the course.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Just a heads up for anyone taking CHL classes in Ohio. Please, please, please make sure the instructor does the full 12 hours and you do a full 2 hours of live-fire work on the range.

Due to my work with Buckeye Firearms Association, I see people who get suckered by instructors who try to cut corners and end up in a lot of trouble

I don't have experenice with any of the places named in this thread, so I am NOT commenting on any of those places.

It is just a general statement due to seeing some really good people end up in a lot of trouble.

Just a heads up for anyone taking CHL classes in Ohio. Please, please, please make sure the instructor does the full 12 hours and you do a full 2 hours of live-fire work on the range.

Due to my work with Buckeye Firearms Association, I see people who get suckered by instructors who try to cut corners and end up in a lot of trouble

I don't have experenice with any of the places named in this thread, so I am NOT commenting on any of those places.

It is just a general statement due to seeing some really good people end up in a lot of trouble.

Glad to have you dude!

Happy to be here.

Thanks for the comment. I'm still doing my research. There's three of us that will take a course together and I've been nominated to gather info and put together a recommendation.

Thanks for the comment. I'm still doing my research. There's three of us that will take a course together and I've been nominated to gather info and put together a recommendation.

If you have questions I am happy to help. I know a lot of good instructors around the state.

• 2 weeks later...

My $.02 on Armed2Defend.

I was skeptical mainly because it is so much cheaper than some.

Arrived a little early and there was already a guy waiting to help park. Went inside and there are two sign-in areas: prepaid and not. Got some coffee, started on time.

Time flew through lunch. Bring your own or go in on a pizza buffet.

Attorney comes in for his 2 hour talk. VERY informative and worth while. You'll learn a lot even if you think you already know it all.

Some more class time, then off to the range for 2 hours. Not a bad drive at all. Small range with a pisser and food / coffee for sale.

Back to class for the remaining time. Some videos, some more power points, an open book test... done.

There is a definite mix of ages, races, knowledge, abilities, that's for sure. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Upvote 1

I'm planning on going to the Armed2Defend class next Sat. Have a question for you guys. The gf lives in Indiana but wants to take the class with me. Obviously training is always good, but is worth anything more to her? I think she could get her FL CCW. What if she moves to Ohio later? How long is the class good for?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, it's Chief Bostic were still doing the CCW course now in Plain City, Ohio

www.topshotsofohio.com  groups of 4 persons get our price of $75 each, classes are held monthly

This Sunday May 25th is our next class 8am-8pm, call for prices on groups of ten or more.

We also will provide ammo and handgun at no additional cost.