Road Rage Shooting

ReconRat

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/10/01/delaware-shooting-tied-to-road-rage.html

The shots on the exit ramp may have been in self defense... But the shots in the autozone parking lot were not.

Trying to back over you puts it farther into that grey area. I still think there should have been a way for him to escape the situation. Shooting into a truck cab while trying to avoid getting run over is not likely to be accurate fire. You would have to be carrying the right ammo to even make a clean hit through all that mess. By the time the biker draws his weapon he could have ran down the burm.

Edited by BDBGoalie
Poor grammar

I've seen that before. Truck endangers plenty of people just trying to keep up. I'd be worried about where was a safe place to stop. I'd likely look for a tree to act as cover and come off that bike with a hand on the weapon. Still can't shoot him until he is out of the truck and continuing to pursue. Weapon would be clearing the holster as soon as I saw him exit his truck with a bar headed towards me.

Edited by BDBGoalie

Can't let anger cloud your judgement. CHL has significantly mellowed me. I laugh off situations that I would have fought off 20 years ago. Gotta keep your cool when you're armed.
+1. I'm a lot less of a hot head now that I carry.

Really? Even before I had a CHL -- my loud pot-stirring mouth, I've never felt the need for things to come to fisticuffs. I've always laughed it off and walked away :dunno: My ego has a pretty tough outer shell, it's pretty hard to crack it no matter what words you say. :D

Hey Scruit...you're from that area right?

Where would that bike be impounded to, and where would it most likely end up be auctioned off at?

There is a great deal to be had here.

Dunno if they would have any reason to keep it, but if they do then check GovDeals.

I know the area - I'm a regular at that AutoZone. It's very quiet.

Truck was going slow..."maybe" had some mechanical problems, biker got pissed off because of slow truck, truck notices biker is pissed and doesn't give a fuck, biker passes and flips of trucker, trucker becomes enraged and starts driving erratically with biker in front...wait, what happened to the truck that was having mechanical issues..., biker brake checks truck(that's brilliant), truck goes around biker and brake checks back(remember bike was behind truck at the off ramp), both are pissed, both are not going to back down, biker feels like his life is in danger, shoots at truck numerous times(idiot), trucker freaks out and pulls in Autozone so he can fix his truck and escape, biker doesn't give a fuck...pulls into Autozone too and tries to kill trucker...only stopping after he thought he landed a head shot, end of story...except for what will transpire in court.

That's what happened!

I take back what I said before about how shooting when the truck backed up maybe being self defense. The bike should not have been behind the truck after 14 miles, so that counts as prolonging the confrontation = no self defense claim allowed.

If they can prove the truck backed up then Mattingly should be charged with felonious assault too.

Throw them in the same cell and let them figure it out once and for all.