MotoSeries Round 9 at Nelson Ledges, Oct 13th & 14th

TRMN8TR

Yeah but without 2 wave starts during some events we would have more of the nightmares we had early in the season, they are inevitable with the growing grids..... Could do what Mid O does for cart etc and start some guys at the Kink and some on the front straight LOL!!!

I never really saw the issue with the 2 wave. It helps reduce the people going into 1. If you don't know if it is a 2 wave or not you really must not be paying attention as there is someone on the grid with a sign that says second wave standing on track in front of the second group.

I don't mind 2 wave starts. Having ran them with other series, I would like to see the on-track official with a sign of "Wave 2". They stand in front of the 2nd wave and verify that everyone knows, which takes very little time.

Having been involved in a "oversized" start this year... I can tell you, it's a lot better to be lapped, then to be involved in a massive crash. I'm still in severe pain in my spine/back from May. Your choice though...

Edit: Crag, unfortunately they haven't always done that. But I think it should be required for all future events.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I definitely hear you guys, and I totally understand the need for it when we have huge beggining of the year grids. I just like it better when we have a little smaller grid and a one wave start I guess. I'm not worried about getting lapped or whatever, it's more that I just like having the time to set up and get my revs settled where I want them, rather than having to throw the bike in gear and rev up real quick and go... sometimes that second green flag flies pretty damn quick.

But I know sometimes the second wave is a necessity.

one wave, two wave, or put me in the back. The only thing im good at are starts so doesnt matter to me..as long as they dont wait 15 sec between the secound wave like they have done before. at pirc the secound wave left so late the 1000's started laping by lap 3..oh and put hollywood in the back thats were he will end up any way.. will save me time going around him in turn 1

Edited by bobko31

Just stopping by to say what's up. Bob recommended me to the site.

I think the minimum event rule is a bit weird. I found out about it back in August after my baby was born and just took it for what it was worth. I was planning on Grattan too.

See you guys next year.

Just stopping by to say what's up. Bob recommended me to the site.

I think the minimum event rule is a bit weird. I found out about it back in August after my baby was born and just took it for what it was worth. I was planning on Grattan too.

See you guys next year.

Nice to see you around these parts, Taft! Yeah, I'd be totally cool with ditching the minimum round rule.

Anyway, lookin forward to next year. I'm super jealous of the new bike, man, I'd love to be on an 09+ ZX6R. I think we all might be fucked next year with you on that thing. (Although we were probably fucked anyway, haha)

Jinu was in the back giving Jen some more tows during the race or you might of seen him up there also.

:D

maybe if you'd join in next year, i could tow you around instead. it is tiring to ride that hard, so it'd be nice to have a break.

You already know I'm most likely going to be in next year. Just need to get the school out of the way but it will be difficult not having Rob as my rabbit to race against.

i just wanted to point how much of a gaylord you are. heh gaylord.

Is the schedule in discussion yet? Maybe try to make Grattan sometime earlier than snow season :D

i think that had more to do with dates not being available but hopefully, next year we'll have a date when it isn't snowing (i heard that weekend wasn't bad, but a day or two prior, it was snowing apparently lol)

Nice to see you around these parts, Taft! Yeah, I'd be totally cool with ditching the minimum round rule.

Anyway, lookin forward to next year. I'm super jealous of the new bike, man, I'd love to be on an 09+ ZX6R. I think we all might be fucked next year with you on that thing. (Although we were probably fucked anyway, haha)

I didn't mind the minimum round as much as a few others. I realize I wasn't able to devote as much time as most to the racing season. This year was my least amount of riding in the past 3 years (street or track).

I am definitely looking forward to next year. The new bike has an easy 8+hp on it. I ran at Putnam during the last MotoSeries track day with stock gearing and suspension. Even with that I was able to get within less than 0.5 seconds of my PR. If it were a race probably would have broke it.