MotoSeries Round 9 at Nelson Ledges, Oct 13th & 14th

TRMN8TR

In the rulebook it says you must score points in 6 out of 10 events to qualify for a podium position. And when I talked to Todd about it a few weeks ago he said 5 or 6 rounds were needed depending on if Grattan was canceled. So I assume it is 5 rounds needed to qualify since Grattan is canceled and Taft has 4 rounds.

All that means is Taft isn't gonna get a trophy. Doesn't mean you get to jump ahead of him and take his spot. Trust me, Hollywood was trying his best to get Todd to bump Taft out of that first spot. :)

Had what turned out to be an outstanding day Saturday. The frost made the morning interesting to say the least but things came around. I know I set some personal best times based on a chase video of me. I'll call that ending on a high note for the season.

If I'm still living in Ohio next spring, I'll look forward to riding with everyone again!

Yea, I was referring to why it was cancelled.

We were really looking forward to the Grattan race! We were going to bring the big rig for a little demo for you guys and a couple AMA riders to ride with.

I can understand the reasoning if expected participation was low but it's like messing around with a girl who's all foreplay and no fun. :/

Sorry to hear about Grattan, I wasn't going to be able to make it, but it is too bad for those who were planning for it.

Had a good time Saturday even though I was riding like crap. Just when I started to get back in a groove; I had the pleasure of being absolutely smoked by every advanced rider in the combined session. If I have time I'll throw it up on YouTube tonight.

Well look at it this way. (Coming from a guy who finished behind you in every race, ran 7 of 8 rounds and still could only finish 6th in points, so not trying to be a smart ass) If the guy only ran 4 rounds and still none of us were able to beat him in points, do we deserve to be class champion?

The real reason for that rule is to try and encourage everyone to come to as many rounds as possible.

All that means is Taft isn't gonna get a trophy. Doesn't mean you get to jump ahead of him and take his spot. Trust me, Hollywood was trying his best to get Todd to bump Taft out of that first spot. :)

Hahaha, yeah I was puttin in work for you, Andrew (and myself ;))! I feel for ya, not really sure why that rule even exists if it doesn't mean anything, but whatever.

What Brandon was saying yesterday makes sense though, if Taft scored enough points in only four rounds and we couldn't catch him, then that's on us for not being fast enough I guess. He probably deserves the championship and they should just say straight up that whoever has the most points wins. The only reason to have a minimum round rule is to get guys to the track I guess.

Your situation sucks though because you were planning on going to Grattan and would have most likely passed him up, I understand that. Shit I could have caught him too but I wasn't planning on making the last round anyway. Guess I'll take my fourth place. At least I can claim third in the Mini 20. :D

EDIT: Damnit, apparently Brandon hit post before me!

Edited by Hollywood33

Makes sense unfortunately. Guess I can't really complain, I'm happy with 2nd still. But you know what they say about 2nd place: it's the first lower! Hahaha

I know it sucks since we were kind of led to one understanding, and then the rug gets pulled out from under your hopes and dreams, lol. But you rode great this year and had a solid season and thats what really matters. There'll be plenty more seasons to come. (Oh, and I'm coming for you next year! Wherever you might be on track.)

Does anyone know what happened to the guy that went down in session 5 on Saturday on the HawkGT? We were wondering what his condition was and if anyone was able to get his car and bike home since it appears he showed up alone.

From what I heard, busted ribs. His car disappeared on Sunday around lunch-time.

In 2010 I got 2nd int the championship last year I got 3rd and this year I got 17th. Winning only saves you a couple dollars and gets you white plates. You guys all ran good this year for guys that just started racing. Just remember the faster you go the more money it cost. If everything goes as planned I will be at every round next year. Between all of us I think it will be an epic year for racing in the 600 class P.s if any one has a subframe or plastic for a 06 07 r6 let me know.