MotoSeries Round 9 at Nelson Ledges, Oct 13th & 14th

TRMN8TR

Hey guys, I talked to Cox today, actually sounds like he should be there Sunday the way it is turning out. I know he has a lot going on right now, and basically said he just wants to spend some time with friends away from everything doing what he loves. Make sure to give him plenty of butt secks, and first dibs on Gatsby, poor dog.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss, Steve.

I'm a bit concerned with the open trailer and the temps projected to be around 31 tomorrow at my time of commute. Bike is in an unheated garage...so it won't be my more than ambient when leaving. I was thinking about firing the bike up for the first 15 minutes of my commute(about an hour) and blocking most of the airflow to the radiator with a piece of cardboard or two. This a good idea? Should I even be concerned?

31 won't matter, unless its 27 and below for hours, ambient temp. it won't matter. Hence why even when it's 32 degrees out, they can't make snow because it isn't actually cold enough. 27 is the magic number.

but the wind from transporting on the trailer makes it colder :rolleyes:

(if you're thinking to yourself, "wait, that makes sense," go punch yourself in the face)

Have fun and stay safe tomorrow guys. Pimp my bike if anyone is looking. I'll buy some serious beers at that shitty bar if it sells.

Trust me, I know how wind works lol. But even then, we don't make snow with a 40mph wind, it still won't keep the temps constant enough to truly "change" them.

Either way, running a bike during transport is a tad overkill. Now maybe trying to warm it a tad before starting it at the track sure, toss it in the sun with a blanket on it for 10 mins, done.

It's not like we are in Alaska here, it's Ohio.

Go Browns!

Craig, I really hope you're joking, or splitting hairs...

People perceive wind as having a cooling effect because it speeds up the evaporation of moisture from our skin. Evaporation is a cooling process.

But if you point a fan at a thermometer (or a bike) it has no effect whatsoever. Air temp is air temp.

When a bike is RUNNING, wind still won't cool the bike below the ambient air temp; the wind just ensures that the air surrounding the radiator is constantly at ambient temp rather than allowing the engine and radiator to heat the air immediately surrounding it. It sort of creates an "air blanket" that wind disrupts - but if it's 50 degrees out, wind will never make the bike's temp drop to 49 or below. It's not possible.

why?

In the rulebook it says you must score points in 6 out of 10 events to qualify for a podium position. And when I talked to Todd about it a few weeks ago he said 5 or 6 rounds were needed depending on if Grattan was canceled. So I assume it is 5 rounds needed to qualify since Grattan is canceled and Taft has 4 rounds.