wow no wonder apple wants to sue samsung

serpentracer

ORLY?

1. Bigger by 1/4" on each dimension. Big whoop.

2. The screen can be removed and the battery can be replaced. There's torx head microscrews either side of the charging port. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57517433-37/inside-the-iphone-5-bigger-battery-easier-to-repair/

3. I got the 64Gb iPhone so I'm not concerned about the memory size - and replacing the card in my DroidX was the quickest way to F-up the phone when stuff was suddenly missing

4. Apple apps work just as well. (maps excluded)

5. App Store works just as well.

6. I'll let you know if I run out of memory.

You know why droid phones have batteries that are easy to remove? Because you have to remove them frequently to reboot the damn things. :D

Another HUGE plus for the iP5 for me is that I can VPN into my work and then ssh into the linux servers I work with. I can do remote troubleshooting on my phone with the only drawback being cut/paste is not as easy as in putty. All I would have to root an android phone for VPN functionality.

they're just my personal reasons. but 1/4" is huge. go compare one side by side sometime. the iphone is a little tiny thing. it's size is too much like a entry level phone for my taste.

plus the S3 has true HD screen 1280 X 720.

I have a android phone and never have had to take the battery out to reboot. I think you're making things up on that. besides why would I want to have to take the phone apart and void the warranty just for a battery replacement.

Edited by serpentracer

Rumor is Samsung is releasing a smaller version of the galaxy. You know...a phone sized phone. I don't like hauling around a tablet sized phone in my pocket. Apple did it right. People that think the bigger phones are better are also the same people that want to see how high they can jack up their pickup. :D

Android 4.2 spotted in the wild on Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR Nexus and Motorola Nexus tablet.

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-4-2-spotted-nexus-7-galaxy-nexus-motorola-razr-nexus-motorola-nexus-tablet-120541/

I guess Motorola will release Nexus devices.

Was considering S3 but my work colleague and his wife got S3s each and they are constantly having to reboot them, like a couple times a week. ICS made it worse. She wants to return hers because it is so buggy. My buddy had to take his out of his pocket yesterday because it got too hot to be comfortable against his skin. We checked for running apps but nothing.

My DroidX cannot understand my accent. Siri has no trouble.

I don't got an s3, but sometimes my s2 gets hot like that with nothing running, I just stick it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool it off lol.

Rumor is Samsung is releasing a smaller version of the galaxy. You know...a phone sized phone. I don't like hauling around a tablet sized phone in my pocket. Apple did it right. People that think the bigger phones are better are also the same people that want to see how high they can jack up their pickup. :D

have you seen the galaxy note? it thought it wasn't a phone at first. it's like double the size of most phones. I want to see pics and videos etc without holding it up to my nose to see it.

fuck that tiny little iphone shit. might as well be a clamshell type phone again.

does anyone here use sprint?

I want to know how much their hidden fees (USF charge etc) are. I don't want to get a bill with an extra $20 on it every month. they're disclaimer says it's up to 17.5% per line.

I'm used to plans that include all of that in their original quote they give you. sprint has a lot of little disclaimers. but their unlimited 4g data plan is only $69 a month. that's only $10 more than cricket's plan without 4g.

and radio shack is selling the S3 for $99 online.

I don't understand why Android guys are so set on removable batteries, thats the worst feature to argue. The best phones in my store are all unibody, OneX, iPhone4/4s/5, Lumia 900. How often do you buy a new battery for your phone anyhow?

RAM is also a weak argument, the iPhone doesnt need 2 gigs of ram, its running all of its apps natively, iOS runs straight on the hardware, and the apps are written in Obj-C to function in the same manner. Android phones have to run Linux, and then a Java virtual machine on top of that. If you don't know anything about programing languages just research a little about Java and its love of using RAM

I have a android phone and never have had to take the battery out to reboot. I think you're making things up on that.

Making things up, huh? You sure put me in my place. :nono:

Anyways, back on planet earth, a depressingly common DroidX complaint is loss of GPS signal due to a short circuit developing when on of the gold pins in the body of the phone scratches off the paint on the battery cover and exposes bare metal to short against.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/652659

The scratch is caused by repeated removal and replacement of the battery cover. You, know like when someone has to pop the battery out to reboot the phone...

Or I could be just making things up. :rolleyes:

Making things up, huh? You sure put me in my place. :nono:

Anyways, back on planet earth, a depressingly common DroidX complaint is loss of GPS signal due to a short circuit developing when on of the gold pins in the body of the phone scratches off the paint on the battery cover and exposes bare metal to short against.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/652659

The scratch is caused by repeated removal and replacement of the battery cover. You, know like when someone has to pop the battery out to reboot the phone...

Or I could be just making things up. :rolleyes:

you're talking about one single phone model here.

there's like over a dozen different model phones.

I have a cheap ass android phone from cricket and never have issues like that. it has restarted on it's own once or twice. but each time I was using google nav. so I believe it was google nav causing it. ever since they came out with an update to it it hasn't done it since.

and the sweet part is once it was done booting it went right back to the nav and continued without interuption. I've also got plenty of calls during the nav and it never stops working like they suposedly do.

I still prefer using a real nav device over the phone's nav though.

Edited by serpentracer

And this is considered normal why?

I tried to listen to pandora on my DroidX while riding for an hour one time. After 30 minutes it overheated and shut down with a heat warning. I had to rig the phone up to dangle in the air while I was riding to cool it down. :rolleyes:

I tried to listen to pandora on my DroidX while riding for an hour one time. After 30 minutes it overheated and shut down with a heat warning. I had to rig the phone up to dangle in the air while I was riding to cool it down. :rolleyes:

don't blame anything other than motorola on that issue then. it has nothing to do with android. did you leave the screen on?

I don't understand why Android guys are so set on removable batteries, thats the worst feature to argue. The best phones in my store are all unibody, OneX, iPhone4/4s/5, Lumia 900. How often do you buy a new battery for your phone anyhow?

RAM is also a weak argument, the iPhone doesnt need 2 gigs of ram, its running all of its apps natively, iOS runs straight on the hardware, and the apps are written in Obj-C to function in the same manner. Android phones have to run Linux, and then a Java virtual machine on top of that. If you don't know anything about programing languages just research a little about Java and its love of using RAM

I've had my current phone for going on 2 years. each year the battery is shot. only lasting 30-40 min off the charger.

and yes I do the trick of running it fully dead 5-6 times in a row battery shops tell you about.

I vividly recall all the ipod complaints about a dead battery and having to buy a new ipod.

you're talking about one single phone model here.

there's like over a dozen different model phones.

I have no complaint about the S3 except from what my colleague at work has complained about. I was going to get an S3 based upon his initial review but after his phone was "updated" (he said to ICS - I'll ask him to confirm) he started having software issues. His wife's had issues from the start.

Considering I was counting the days until I could upgrade away from my crappy DroidX, hearing about his S3 having similar problems drove me to Apple. Personal choice. After having owned both an android phone and an iPhone I have a more balanced viewpoint.

iPhone pros (versus my droidx)

- Faster

- Better screen

- Reliability

- VPN without rooting... I can hook it up to my NAS at home while I'm on the road and use my files. (KeePass etc)

- Better touchscreen

- Better voice recognition

- More accurate keyboard

iPhone cons (versus my droidx)

- No good call blocker on the market (my droid had a 3rd party app with commmunity-shared blacklist feature)

- I've heard maps are bad but haven't had any problems myself

- Non-standard charging cable is a pain. Got more cables or order.

- No OEM car dock yet.

don't blame anything other than motorola on that issue then. it has nothing to do with android. did you leave the screen on?

Just Motorola? Then why did my colleague's S3 get so hot he had to take it out his pocket? No apps running. Hot enough to be painful against skin.

My DroidX always got hot when running pandora/waze etc.

I've had my current phone for going on 2 years. each year the battery is shot. only lasting 30-40 min off the charger.

and yes I do the trick of running it fully dead 5-6 times in a row battery shops tell you about.

I vividly recall all the ipod complaints about a dead battery and having to buy a new ipod.

Apple offers a battery exchange program for that one time every two years you need to do it.

And this is considered normal why?

Its happens bout once a month, I've learned to live with it. I am on my phone ALOT(10+ hours a day) and I never turn it off(unless the battery dies or I'm swaping out batteries) so I wouldn't consider it a big issue. I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon, this one does everything I need it to and then some :)

Its happens bout once a month, I've learned to live with it. I am on my phone ALOT(10+ hours a day) and I never turn it off(unless the battery dies or I'm swaping out batteries) so I wouldn't consider it a big issue. I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon, this one does everything I need it to and then some :)

It's a hand warmer too. :D