Beretta is now on my short list

scottb

I am in Dallas, Tx for a work trip. This evening I was able to go to the high end part of town called Highland Park Village. I stopped by the Beretta Galley.

http://www.dallas.berettagallery.com

I think I now like the Beretta 92 FS over a Browning Hi Power.

I also think I like the Beretta Nano over the Ruger LC9.

The Nano fits my hand better since the grip feels wider then the Ruger LC9.

The 92FS has a neat looking exposed barrel. And super simple take down for field cleaning.

Oh, and I was able to hold a few Sako and Tikka rifles too.

The highlight of the visit was a $42,500 pair of Jubilee shotguns, with incredible engraving.

That is all.

Feedback from any Nano or 92FS owners please.

You would not be disappointed with a 92fs or an M9.

That being "said".... I have been VERY unhappy with both of the BHPs that I've had. Reliability issues and the world's most expense shitty stock trigger. IMO

Edited by C-bus

I have a M9 but none of our opinions will mean that you have the same experience with it. Having one in your hands is not the same thing as shooting one. I love the way it feels in my hand but it is the slowest cycling platform I have, I hate it & a safety is stupid on a personal weapon.

• Upvote 1

After watching MI:III and Seeing the Matrix series I determined that I had to add a second 92fs to the arsenal, but I still prefer the USP and need a 1911 in the mix again. But honestly, you like the 92fs, and you have two hands? It only cost twice as much to have two of them.

Oh and for the expensive shotguns, there is a place near where I live. It is called Jaqua's I don't do much business there but I once heard that some prince from the middle east once visited for a purchase. They do have some amazing engravings on things, and on occasion price tags that would rival the jump that was suppose to happen yesterday.

I've owned a 92fs for a few years now, only upgrade I went for was custom black/silver wood grips. Damnnear jam proof and is definitely combat accurate. It is definitely not for those with little hands. The safety is not my favorite configuration being integratd into the de-cocker. I prefer carrying a sa/da pistol cocked and locked and it is impossible with a stock 92.

SIG over an M9 (92FS) any day.

Still can't beat a 1911 in .45 ACP...

Sigs are great. I love mine. It's my EDC. But what was beretta's last gun to come out that had failures on such a large scale as the quality control POS models that Sig has been turning out? 938, 238, 290, 250, and even some MK25s. Sig sold out their quality in their rush for market share. The Beretta is a great gun. It will find its mark, it will not fail, it is priced well.

As for the safety..... not my pick for a CCW (but either is that gun). I prefer a decocker that isn't a safety. It is, however, very easy to use and almost springs forward when pushed.

Edited by C-bus

I've been "into" Beretta's since 1991, and I've shot almost every flavor of pistol ever made...I've owned most of them too...

With that said, my current "carry" piece is a Sig P239 .357sig, BUT...

If I had to choose one pistol to own in an type of defensive/SHTF situation, it would be my Beretta 92FS.

18 rounds of 9MM, absolute easiest pistol to field strip and clean, dead nuts reliable, and very accurate. I truly believe it's a pistol everyone who's "into" guns should own.

As far as the safety, if I were to carry mine, it would be with one in the camber, decocked, and with the safety off. Even with a D spring mod, you've still got 11+ pounds of DA pull.

• Upvote 1

gallery_1213_725_1238298.jpg

Mine is only used to take new people shooting, give them exposure to different platforms to let them decide what manual of arms makes sense for their logic. Women like it and can't seem to tell a difference but they are mostly overwhelmed by the experience. Most men when given other platforms to compare against don't care for it. It is rock solid reliable but cycles so slowly it’s laughable and annoying. The safety is and always will be stupid.

• 1 month later...

So has anyone picked up a Nano. I've been considering getting rid of my Glock 26 to pick one up but yesterday was the first time I actually handled one and I'm not sure whether to go this route as I wanted to change to a pocket carry 9mm and it seems it may be a tad too big for that

Bad, I did not pick up a Nano yet. I like the feel for my hands. Since I did not fire one, I am not sure if I truely want it. I have heard from Youtube videos these have a long travel and "soft" trigger break.

I also had a Walther PPQ and a Sheild on my list, but have not found either one.

Currently I have a CZ-82 for carry but I am looking for a better holster for it.

If I can find a good holster, I won't get another carry piece.

Kinda like how when the wife can not find shoes to match an outfit, she will just go out and buy another complete outfit all together instead of piecing one together.

My holster is probably the issue why I don't like carrying the G26 all that much

I had the Nano and Shield side by side yesterday at the Fin and I did prefer the size and feel of the Nano. I didn't even look at the LC9 as I had to get back to the office