Proof that sex sells

DTM Brian

That 500 needs a huge makeover for sure. Way outdated on its design.

Btw, talk the misses into a 500. That 300 IMO isn't worth the money if you already have a 250.

I'm sure with the weight difference between the 300/500, the 300's EFI, and equipped with a full system and tune - the 300R would be just as awesome as any 500, plus it would fit her better imo. She was keeping up with me in the twisties down in SEO ( but of course I wasn't wringing mine out through the straights:D ) Not to mention that the EX500's are fugly rides

The Ninja 400 is a 650r with a sleeved down motor designed for a insurance point in some markets. It is very unlikely to show up in the states.

The new 500 is the 650R. It probably doesnt make sense to have a different platform at 500 and 650. Remember these bikes sell with lower margins and numbers than the supersports so the numbers are not there for regular updates like the more high profile bikes get.

The Ninja 300 is noticeably lighter and less expensive. For a new bike its a pretty good price. I think this is response to the CBR250R which offered a number of features that the Ninja 250R lacked at the same price point (FI, ABS). Nice thing is they bumped the displacement to give it a little more power.

I started on a 250r and it was a fun little bike. However I am much more comfortable on the Vstrom, otherwise I would have kept it. It was cheap, fuel efficient, fun and easy to ride. A great way to start out or to use a a commuter and around town bike.

Remember that the 250R was Kawasaki's best selling bike in the US. I think the 300 can only improve the numbers.

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

Funny the 06-07 gixxer is the bike I would love to have. I think it looks better than the current models

I would have to agree however she has odd taste so... :dunno: We have two young kids so the chance that we would have time to ride together anytime soon is pretty small. IF she got a bike, it would be a few years down the road.