Hey NEO, give me some really good restaurant options around the 271 corridor

magley64

Put this in the northeast section cause I KNOW some of you guys know of good restaurants on the east side.

Rawlins is considering planning a trip up friday, he asked me if there were any really good local restaurants, and in ashtabula county the best we really got is covered bridge pizza. Not really good enough.

I know there are some high end classy restaurants around 271, that's a pretty affluent area... beachwood maybe?

My fav steakhouse is the cabin club, but that is west side, and quite a bit out of his way for this trip.

any ideas? bad, likwid?

Not too high end, but a place called B-spot off Chagin road. Mike Symon's resturant ( he is one of those food channel chef's) about $10 for burger. Or Brio for Italian, located in the same plaza of chagrin road.

Came to suggest both of these, was not disappointed. FYI these are no more than 5 minutes east off the Chagrin rd. exit on 271

what are you looking for? bahama Breeze is right off 271, and is great for cocktails & a party atmosphere. The B-Spot, as mentioned, is high class burgers. I think the "thing" is that every item on the menu starts with B. Hence, burgers. high class but not hoity-toighty.

Paladar is excellent, and is south american/latin food. my GF... Er... Fiancee is German & eats there with her international friends. Recommends the Sangria.

The Melting pot is FANTASTIC. it's all fondue & dipping, including breads & veggies for appetizers, meats in broth for entrees, and of course dessert. It's VERY pricey though, so be warned. Also, call ahead for reservations. The cheesecake factory in legacy village (that's also where the melting pot is) is delicious, but a chain.

I think there's "fire" in eton collection, too, which is in chagrin right off 271.

All depends what kind of grub you're looking to score :)

Love paladar, just wish it wasn't like an hour and a half away. Know what's good in Akron? Crave. My good friend Laurie is a chef there. The appetizers and entres are amazing but where they really shine is the desserts. If you haven't been, check them out, but be prepared to drop $50 apiece including a drink or two. Still totally worth it if you love incredible food.