Bye bye Speed Channel

Kritz

Damnitall, no more 24 hour Barrett-Jackson channel...

What will we do?

OK, they had about 5 hours/week of racing, I'll give 'em that.

As long as they show motocross, I'm good. That and F1 are/were the only things I watch on Speed, and someone will pick up F1.

***edit: Looks like Kritz already found F1 for me. Thanks! :cheers:

Speedvision's coverage of motorcycle racing left a bit to be desired anyway. I love the way the most important pass in the race would usually occur during one of their numerous commercial breaks & when they came back they would only tell you about it, not show you.

Where will AMA ,WSB and MotoGP roadracing be shown? Or will it be on at all anymore? That's the only reason I watched Speed.

+1 to this

I'm with time warner and have to pay extra for my speed channel. The only reason i have it is for the races. One more way to save if i can cancel this!!

Where will AMA ,WSB and MotoGP roadracing be shown? Or will it be on at all anymore? That's the only reason I watched Speed.

This.

For AMA, I wonder how much of their $$ comes from TV? Probably not too much as the tv ratings aren't great.

I only hope that NBC is smart enough to hire the Speed F1 team. Varsha, Hobbs, Matchett and Buxton are second to none. I wonder what happens to MotoGP and WSBK?

Agree, except for Machett, I can't stand him: "Advantage Fox Sports 1, 4 more races to play, Gentlemen" in his annoying accent, looking over his reading glasses

just hating... a little bit

This.

For AMA, I wonder how much of their $$ comes from TV? Probably not too much as the tv ratings aren't great.

It's a good question. Given that the AMA TV fan crowd is certainly a narrow niche in the market, I wonder how much the ratings suffered due to way SPEED has broadcast the races? I understand the tape delay concept given the potential for a red flag to excessively extend a race. But to broadcast them at literally at the end of the day on a weekend long before DVRs became commonplace in the home makes viewership difficult. Granted, I would be fine with SPEED keeping the status quo with AMA, WSBK, and MotoGP racing, but if/when they move, I would like Velocity cover it. They seem to do very well supporting other motorcycle-oriented programming.

Yeah, I gotta be honest, not going to miss Speed. Almost none of the shows I watched on there are on anymore, and I didn't set my DVR for them either. Velocity is my "car channel" of choice, and I still watch the Power Block on Spike TV Saturday mornings, mostly because Courtney Hansen makes my weiner firm.