Cell phones in 1989, only $799

chevysoldier

I have the bag version of that phone.. Ill see if I can have my dad/mom find it and bring it back around xmas time.. should be good for a laugh.

Take it to your local Radio Shaft and tell them you need to get it activated...:D

"Radio Shaft - you've got questions, we have blank stares..."

Remember paying roaming, long distance and overages? Holy shit, I once had a conversation at almost $10 a minute, and the person on the other end wasn't even talking sexy!

yea you could not leave town with out roaming and somtimes no way of knowing it

i remember ignoring calls then head to a pay phone to see what they wanted..:lol:

:lol: i did the same thing. I remember having my first bagphone, cruising around in my CRX thinking I was big pimpin'. The days of having to put the antenae on the roof of your car to get a signal.

Had both those, as my dad worked in cellular since way back when. The cool thing about the bag phone was putting it in the golf bag. Then you put it in the car and screwed in the antenna. Remember when people put the fake antennas on their cars to look cool? Then I remember walking around with that flip phone in my back pocket. People didn't even know what the hell it was. There was actually a slim battery that lasted about 15 minutes, that one pictured maybe an hour.

IIRC another advantage of the bag phone was the FCC defined it differently and it could transmit at a full watt while the handhelds can only do 0.6 or something like that.