Need a computer for my mom

Goldie

My mom's computer took a shit and she needs something to replace it. Does anyone here have an inexpensive computer they are looking to unload. She doesn't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, just the tower.

Would ideally like to keep the price below $100. She will just mess up this one like the last.

Thanks,

Drew

I have one you can have but you would have to come and pick up from Reynoldsburg. I leave for Pittsburg in a few hours but i will be back tomorrow night. PM me and we will hook up. Tower works good and have not had any problems but we always use our laptops and it just sits in the office.

I got a Dell Inspiron 9300 with no battery and a fresh install of Windows 7. I'll sell for $75 bucks. Dedicated GeForce GPU, single-core 1.86Ghz proc, 4GB of RAM, 17in 1080p(1920x1080) monitor and a 80GB HD (I think). Only drawback besides the battery is it's got a noisy fan. Everything else is running well.

Thank you for the offers everyone, it's appreciated. The wife and I decided to just go buy her a laptop tonight. Got her a basic Toshiba with Norton to make sure this one lasts a little while longer than the previous ones.

Thank you for the offers everyone, it's appreciated. The wife and I decided to just go buy her a laptop tonight. Got her a basic Toshiba with Norton to make sure this one lasts a little while longer than the previous ones.

Norton is a scam that you pay for, don't activate it and just download Microsoft security essentials. Other great free ones out there too, I am sure others will chime in.

Edited by Pokey

m$ security essentials, AVG, plenty of free software that works as good if not better than norton.

if i had a non-work windows box i'd go with AVG. At work we mandate McAfee - ugh: "Hey, I found something. I'm not gonna do sh1t about it, but thought I'd let you know..."

Panda...Avira...etc..etc..

Just FYI, the biggest threats are coming from web based click through's that traditional AntiVirus programs WILL NOT catch. Just be aware of that. Don't think because you've got a highly rated AV, that you're safe. If your mother isn't knowledgeable on what to click and what not to click, be it on the web or from a malicious email, then education and some other app may be in order.

I'm always a fan of education first.