Voting on weed

ScubaCinci

Um... alcohol slows reaction time' date=' too. It's not illegal to consume. It's just illegal to consume when driving.. and illegal to be inebriated during driving. How is that different than weed? It's not.

Yes. All drugs should be legal. Don't punish the folks that can handle their shit because other folks can't.[/quote']

I was pointing out why people fear it and don't want it legalized. I never said it was better than alcohol.

That's just you trolling saying all drugs should be legal. I'm sure you'd change your mind if you or your family feel victim to a drug related crime.

So we should also reinstate prohibition?

since they are the same and everything.

If it is a problem for the individual then those substances are the same as legal death.

Examples?
What you want me to start naming names of people you don't know with ruined families, lost college careers, wrecked vehicles or criminal records?
Buildit, you need to understand something. legalizing it will not magically create smokers from non-smokers. Most studies show that use among teens goes down after decriminalization.

Legalizing pot also won't make people I've known with use issues stop, will it? I understand the medical usage value pot has as a drug for pain or chemo patients. However, as usually Magley's comments bring out the "OH shit, here comes the morons" red flags. :lol: Marijuana is a drug, it effects your mind and reactions to both social and interpersonal situations. For some, like alcohol, the trouble is worse, even if they can't see the problem.

I'm sure we will see the results of legalizing pot in the states which have passed this legislation. Oddly, I believe marijuana is still illegal in Colorado and other places because of federal law.:rolleyes:

Why do people assume that prohibition equates to lessened use? Shit tons of people smoke pot already, and its against the law, has been for nearly a century. The law isn't stopping anyone from getting high. It just doesn't work, and when a law not only doesn't work, but provides fertile opportunity for violent black market activity, it needs to be changed.

Legalizing pot will not result in scores of new users. There are 3 kinds of people: those that have no desire to try it, those who tried it and maybe smoked for a while and moved on, and those who tried it and continue to smoke.

What the fuck does that have to do with smoking pot? A loser is a loser is a loser. The weed is not the deciding factor. You just know a lot of stupid fucking people.

This^^^

This is like when people associate bad test scores to people with ethnic names, while yes a good portion if people with ethnic names do poorly in school, it's not the name but the environment the kid grew up in which caused bad grades. Were they from the project or a rich suburb? Did they have both parents growing up or were they a foster kid? You have to think about EVERYTHING before you go making bold accusations about an entire group of people.

You are associating 2 things, smoking weed and poor life choices. Have you considered any other things that may factor into that? Do you have proof smoking weed caused them to have poor life choices or does that just happen correlate with several other more important factors?

Edited by JStump

My point is some people, most stoners I know would choose pot over their future. What's to keep them from still making bad choices because they want to go get high? Saying its ok/harmless for everyone to use is untrue.

Now I'm not opposed to legalizing it but first they'd need to figure out reasonable regulations. How long until you can drive after smoking etc? How are they going to test your level of stonedness to see if you should be ok to drive?

Same can be said for alcohol, and much much worse. Never said it was ok/harmless for everyone to use, everything has its dangers and what if's and could be's.

The operative word in cooter's above quoted statement is CHOOSE. These people made poor choices. They chose a substance over success. Pot didn't do that, they did. If pot didn't exist they would have chosen booze or blow or world of warcraft. Some people just don't have the motivation to do what's right for their future instead of what is satisfying now. It goes way beyond drugs. Food, sex, gambling, all these things can be enjoyed moderately with negligible consequences or abused for an instant gratification with destructive consequences in the future. The problem lies with the person, not the vice.

Um... alcohol slows reaction time' date=' too. It's not illegal to consume. [b']It's just illegal to consume when driving.. and illegal to be inebriated during driving. How is that different than weed? It's not.

Yes. All drugs should be legal. Don't punish the folks that can handle their shit because other folks can't.

Not in New Orleans. :D

HAHAHA Funny you should say world of warcraft. If you really wanna see someone lose their life, get them hooked on WOW. I could use the argument that WOW ruined a couple of my friends lives for a while, but they chose to do that as well.

Legalizing pot will not result in scores of new users. There are 3 kinds of people: those that have no desire to try it, those who tried it and maybe smoked for a while and moved on, and those who tried it and continue to smoke.

Ehhh, I dunno about that... I know a few people who don't dabble because it's not worth the risk of prosecution or job loss... if it were legal, these people would probably become casual/social users... would that be a terrible thing? No, I don't think so.

Most people who don't smoke but would like to (myself included) abstain because of drug testing at work. While its possible that some places would switch from a piss test to a cheek swab, which only goes back 72 hours, most places would probably keep the whiz quiz. For a casual user pot is out of your system in a few weeks, for a chronic smoker its up to 45 days. While some people would (and do already) gamble with the system and hit a bong once in awhile, most will likely abstain even after its legalized.

No. what's your point? It was stated that all drugs should be legal.

Yes, but it was not stated that getting high and running headlong naked into cruisers should be, nor was it suggested that any irresponsible behavior in public be encouraged. Your video is catagorically irrelevant to the discussion.

While not expressed it can be reasonably inferred that these proposed legal drugs be enjoyed responsibly in the home be people who can handle their shit.

I bet there are plenty of videos of people doing much worse things than leaving their junkprint on the hood of a cruiser while drunk.

buildit' date=' the fact that your examples ruined their lives with a substance that is illegal to consume kills your argument for continued prohibition.[/quote']

They had no problem getting enough of it to ruin there lives. You miss the point however, as the use of the drug and addiction to it's effective masking of reality that ruined there lives. The worst part in two instances were the pot head friends who assured them it was all good. Marijuana isn't addictive, it's good for you and helps you relax and think better. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you like most are part of the drug world and will always see Marijuana as a harmless drug that us unfairly prohibited. So party on but I will never be part of that culture.

Your fuckup retard friends are responsible for their lives, not a plant. Why does such a large segment of society shift the blame from the person worthy of it and supplucate and make apologies for them? What happened to taking responsibility for your own actions? No, can't do that, better blame the drugs that these people CHOSE to abuse and ultimately CHOSE over success. If pot didn't exist I'm sure these burnouts would be fucking corporate executives. If only that damn weed hadn't forced them to smoke it.

Fuck fuckity-fuck fuck fuck.

• Upvote 2

Yes, but it was not stated that getting high and running headlong naked into cruisers should be, nor was it suggested that any irresponsible behavior in public be encouraged. Your video is catagorically irrelevant to the discussion.

While not expressed it can be reasonably inferred that these proposed legal drugs be enjoyed responsibly in the home be people who can handle their shit.

I bet there are plenty of videos of people doing much worse things than leaving their junkprint on the hood of a cruiser while drunk.

Who would decide who can use the drugs? How would you know how its going to effect a person. There are plenty of cases of people being high on pcp meth lsd and such that have committed crimes that horror movies are made from. Like the lady who ate her babies brain or the rapper "big lurch" who ate his friend while high on pcp. It's obvious that the effects of these harder drugs make it impossible for a lot of people to use them responsibly. If 100% of the users could do it and keep to themselves I'd be all for legalizing all drugs. But I can't say something that makes people so out of touch with reality they'd kill their children should be legal. Then there's also the effect of not being able to work when you get so hooked on certain drugs that you need to steal to support your addiction. I see a lot of metal get stolen from people out here because some tweeker wants to get high. I know a rancher who had to replace a 1/2 mile of fence because tweekers stole it. There's more to people just getting high when it comes to drugs. What about the children of these druggies that enjoy it responsibly in their house. When people get addicted they can real screw up the lives of others supporting their habit. Their kids don't deserve to have to live in a run down house not knowing when they are going to eat again just so their parents can get high.

The argument that people do crazy shit on alcohol is irrelevant all it does is say that the legal system is hypocritical.

The main reason a lot of people don't "try" most drugs is its illegal especially in their teen years. The reason people are ok with trying underage drinking is eventually it will be legal so it can't be that bad. Atleast that was my mind set. I drank in high school but only tried weed once in high school. The reason I only did it once was it was illegal for anyone. I tried a couple times after high school and decided it was a waste of money and to risky. If these harder drugs were legal they'd be more readily available and easier to get. Kind of like prescription pills kids are more likely to try those because of 1. They are not 100% illegal and 2. They are easy to get.

Edited by cOoTeR