Knives

Meanie

I've been using my SOG Aegis (Spear Point) for a few years as EDC. I love the thing.

Assisted opening works well and is quick.

Pocket clip orientates the blade tip up so it is ready to go in your hand with no fumbling.

Pocket clip is very subdued and hides the knife well.

I have a cold steel folder, I talked to a dealer about them a few moths ago and apparently their products have started to go down hill. I was originally going to go with the recon Scout. But after talking to him, they were dumping their CS stock, no longer ordering from them, and apparently the owner was thrown out of a national knife/shot show for a reason I don't recall anymore. Apparently they have also started outsourcing to Japan and China for the steel, in the last few years.....

I have a cold steel folder, I talked to a dealer about them a few moths ago and apparently their products have started to go down hill. I was originally going to go with the recon Scout. But after talking to him, they were dumping their CS stock, no longer ordering from them, and apparently the owner was thrown out of a national knife/shot show for a reason I don't recall anymore. Apparently they have also started outsourcing to Japan and China for the steel, in the last few years.....

I'll call bs on this until some proof exists. I searched quick and found nothing about it and considering, it would be everywhere if it actually happened

I found a few places where the knives were getting worse. Oh well like I said I have one and it seems to be fine, but I have also had it for about 5 or six years.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying they are tip top anymore either, but I would like to see some stats/reviews somewhere.

Ive got a Recon II folder and ive literally beat the hell out of it, chopped through deer leg bones/joints with it, beat the blade, hung from the knife while having the blade burried in a tree, lost it in a snowbank for 7 days until it melted, and it still is amazing.

That dam thing is easier to sharpen and holds an edge longer than any other blade Ive ever had. i have a Benchmade griptillian and its my daily carry knife but damn it takes forever to sharpen.

• 11 months later...

I have a few knives myself. Love em.  I found a nib Kabar short heavy Bowie a while back.  Made a nice leather sheath for it.  But one of my fav's is a Helle Symphoni.

LOL, my wife hates it when I come across an auction or a flea market where they are selling knives.  Me, I love it.....lol

I love my spyderco. I use it every single day, it's beat to hell. Zdp189 sandwhiched blade. I've had it for over 4 years and it still holds an edge, but... It's becoming worn and chipped so I think I'll be replacing it with another spyderco for Christmas.

Update on my eariler comments:

I sent my SOG Aegis and my SOG Powerlock back to SOG for warranty repairs (I destroyed the spring assist in the Aegis with sand from overseas, and broke off one of the plier tips) before my AK trip this past summer. I mailed both items to them on a Thursday and they were back, returned to like new condition, in one week. No charge other than shipping to them. Awesome service.

I also picked up an ESEE 3 Mil-Spec and an ESEE Izula for the AK trip. I never really used the Izula (The SOG was just more convienent), but the 3 was a wonderful camping tool. Perfect size and durable as hell. Only downside to them is you have to oil the blades and the cost.